Homebrew CIAServer - Install CIA and 3dsx files to your system without touching the SD Card

Yiays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm a new member, so I can't post a link. But I've pasted the download link and a link to the source code on GitHub in the text file attatched.

I'm getting into the 3DS homebrew development scene with this simple tool. Just drag as many cia and/or 3dsx files as you want into the same folder as this tool, run it, and it will host the files on a temporary local web server and generates qr codes that you can scan with FBI Remote Install.

It supports multiple 3DSs at once with files of any size, and seems to install just as fast as an SD card install on good Wifi.

Just make sure that you're on the same wifi network as the target 3DSs, and your devices can communicate with each other.

Attachments

• Download Link Here.txt
    124 bytes · Views: 1,488
Last edited by Yiays,

Yiays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If I recall correctly, members can't post links until they reach a set number of posts.
Yes, I'd love to. I'm not really a member of the GBATemp community is the issue. I just thought I'd post it here so other people could make use of it.

Yiays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just noticed the link was dead for a bit, I've changed it to a GitHub link which should be more reliable.

Nepenthy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this! Ive built 3 3DS in the past week and the SD copy was getting old. This is awesome!

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry to be that guy but:
What advantage does this offer over BOOP (with it's cia install over network) or using filezilla and an FTP homebrew app?
Im sensing there must be some, with the QR and the multiple files. But a proper explanation for us potential users wouldn't hurt, right?

Congrats on your development nonetheless. I'm just here to use what people like you comes up with

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
What advantage does this offer over BOOP (with it's cia install over network) or using filezilla and an FTP homebrew app?
Im sensing there must be some, with the QR and the multiple files. But a proper explanation for us potential users wouldn't hurt, right?

Congrats on your development nonetheless. I'm just here to use what people like you comes up with

FTP file corruption could destroy the purity of the CIAs.

I prefer having pure ROMs, rather than hacked, or damaged, for example.

Nepenthy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

An example of what Im doing with it.....bundled up multiplayer roms and printed out a sheet of QR codes and hung on the fridge. Bored friends under virus quarantine visit, scan, and we all have the same multiplayer games to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: