ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have this file, will that do it:

mset-EUR-6.0-0004001000022000.cia
yes, just install that.
im confused, youre telling him to do downgrade system settings just like i am but youre saying everything i said is wrong? .-.
you're saying is that they can remove it just by using the mkey site, which they can't because of the NNID being a child's account. you're also saying they can download it from NUS which they can't because Nintendo removed it ages ago.

Reactions: Arubaro

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
yes, just install that.

you're saying is that they can remove it just by using the mkey site, which they can't because of the NNID being a child's account. you're also saying they can download it from NUS which they can't because Nintendo removed it ages ago.
like i just said. downgrade settings -> unlink -> upgrade settings -> ??? -> profit. maybe i didnt make it clear what im saying to do so i made it concise .-.

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
One more question: when I downgrade to 6.x to remove parental settings, don't the parental settings get re-instated when I update to 11.x again?

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
yes, just install that.

he already has the file. no need for nus

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So do I have to do anything once in 6.x? Or just downgrade to it, then update again?
no just enter settings and remove parental controls use mkey if you need a master key

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So do I have to do anything once in 6.x? Or just downgrade to it, then update again?
then after words just goto system update or run fbi and install system settings v11.2 or 9.6 idk latest

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
have you installed it? go to system settings, is there "Nintendo Network ID Settings"? if not, you can remove the parental control settings

Yep, the "Nintendo Network ID Settings" is gone! Just doing a System Update again now

Once back in after Update, can my son still link his Nintendo ID to the 3DS, or will that cause the same problem again?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, the "Nintendo Network ID Settings" is gone! Just doing a System Update again now

Once back in after Update, can my son still link his Nintendo ID to the 3DS, or will that cause the same problem again?
you can link any ID you want, just don't re-create parental controls settings if the NNID is a child's account(according to the birthdate on it) or you will need to re-do the settings downgrade

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember the Gameboy being a pain in the ass like the 3DS is when I was a kid.

When I helped set up a Nintendo ID for my younger brother I lied about his age just to avoid the $0.50 scam and seeing this hot mess of a topic makes me not regret that decision.

Reactions: I pwned U!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember the Gameboy being a pain in the ass like the 3DS is when I was a kid.

When I helped set up a Nintendo ID for my younger brother I lied about his age just to avoid the $0.50 scam and seeing this hot mess of a topic makes me not regret that decision.
two completely different time periods, different markets, different hardware; I don't see a good comparison here..... especially when the game boy didn't have an online service at all.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two completely different time periods, different markets, different hardware; I don't see a good comparison here..... especially when the game boy didn't have an online service at all.
Because actual manual parenting rather than being done automatic through some software is better.

Did people here really pay that .50 fee for a child's Nintendo ID? It has less to do with being cheap and more about paying for nonsense that should be free. I dont recall any other signups for anything else ever asking to pay for a child registration.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Because actual manual parenting rather than being done automatic through some software is better.
Did the Gameboy really even require monitoring? I don't remember it really having anything more violent than sidescrolling beat 'em ups. Also, I had no idea it costed money for a child's account. What a scam considering Nintendo's main target audience has always been children. I guess they assume adults will inevitably pay more money and more frequently than kids.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real