Hacking CIA to 3DS?

3dstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive me, I am still coming to grips with the scene. I understand the use of the two cards, GATEWAY and SKY3DS am have successfully used them

I am totally new to the CIA aspect - so I would prefer to take the CIA file I would like to play, and convert it to a 3DS file (ie play on the cart rather than install)

Is this at all possible? Every link I got on google (admittedly 5mins research) pointed the other way ie 3ds to cia ...

Patience and help appreciated

Thanks

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're already at the point of pirating games, why not just download a .3ds instead of a .cia?

Otherwise, you should be able to convert it with makerom. Assuming it's a .cia that someone else has already repacked from a decrypted .3ds, you should be able to do "makerom -ciatocci game.cia" then rename the output game.cci to game.3ds

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
like what vappy said, why even obtain a .cia if you're just going to convert it to .3ds when you can just as easily cut out the middle man and get a .3ds file. And if you aren't pirating and just using a rip of your own game carts they will already be in .3ds soooooo yea, save yourself the headache.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality