ROM Hack CIA for LTTP GBA with FS stuff not needed?

crazyseandx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to explain, I'm trying to look for a patch of sorts for Link to the Past GBA that'd allow me to access both the Palace of the Four Sword and the Riddle Quest. That way, I can play the CIA of the game on my 3DS and not have to worry about the fact that I'd otherwise need cheat codes. However, my search is looking fruitless, as the only patches I've found are for voice removal(how absurd) and a palette change. Am I just boned about this?

Liambass

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that I've ever found. The best solution I should think would be a save file with the requisite number of FS coins (or was it medals?) but I've never been able to find one of those that work either.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not paid the most attention to what goes here -- normally we get people wanting single player four swords which is obviously a crazy involved hack.

"and not have to worry about the fact that I'd otherwise need cheat codes"
Are these cheat codes for the GBA ROM or some kind of cheat for the 3ds emulator?
If it is the former then you can hardpatch GBA cheats pretty easily. Various tools though https://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-auto-trainer-maker-gbaatm.99334/ is the main one.
For the latter then depending upon what it does (the GBA's memory is still going to be present in the emulator they use somewhere, as might the ROM itself) you might be able to convert them and then use GBAATM or patch the ROM directly.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAATM worked for me for this exact thing, although I had to set the code to only run after a button combo was pressed because it caused graphical glitches while running. (So run code, save, reboot, play without running the code again.)

Alternatively, it’s pretty easy to inject GBA saved games with godmode9 now. You can make or find a saved game with the four swords stuff done and use godmode9 to inject the save into your game. I have one for use with the US version if you need one. (All three saves are named Link, ready for new game on LTTP.) It’s confirmed to unlock everything on the LTTP side as you progress through the game, including the Dungeon of the Four Sword in the Dark World.

crazyseandx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one for use with the US version if you need one. (All three saves are named Link, ready for new game on LTTP.) It’s confirmed to unlock everything on the LTTP side as you progress through the game, including the Dungeon of the Four Sword in the Dark World.

Sure, why not? If it includes the Riddle Quest, too, count me in.

IndianaRoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have one for use with the US version if you need one. (All three saves are named Link, ready for new game on LTTP.) It’s confirmed to unlock everything on the LTTP side as you progress through the game, including the Dungeon of the Four Sword in the Dark World.
Thanks I've been looking for a save like that for a long time.

Reactions: Cralex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up