Chrono Trigger

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Firedrake1, Feb 19, 2009.

Feb 19, 2009

Chrono Trigger by Firedrake1 at 5:29 PM (1,468 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Firedrake1
    OP

Member Firedrake1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok so after a lot of irritation i think i have narrowed an issue i have been having down. I want to be able to play Chrono Trigger a use the real time save feature. However, i think that when i do a real time load it is clearing the anti-piracy codes. my reasoning behind this is still kind of in the works however. All i know so far is the game works flawlessly until i do a real time load then if i try to exit an area the screen will go black and the music will play endlessly in the background. Anyone else having this issue? Is RTS just not going to be viable for me with this game?

I am running a 4gb sandisc and i have already tried clearing it and reformatting the card. I have tried multiple different ROMs and am using the most recent version of the ISakuReal firmware. Thanks in advance.

2. gosp

Member gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Try patching the code to the game with DSATM.

3. DarkRey

Member DarkRey still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!

Croatia
    which version of isakureal do you have? is it the latest one?
    if not download it from here
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4808

it has a much improved RTS and you can enable it from sakura

btw how did you save it? did you use back up 1 or back up 2?
    try saving from the first "save" option (first save option from the 3)

4. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I can confirm the exact same problem. I'm running the Sakura 1.34 with Touchpod 4.3e and it does the same thing with touchpod and sakura on my system. if I restart the ds and load the game from a normal save it work fine.

5. yawnjovi

Newcomer yawnjovi Member

United States
    Hello, first time poster here!

I have found the M3 Real RTS to be quite buggy and slow. I don't think the problem is restricted to games with copyright protection, though I can confirm that Chrono Trigger and DQ HotHB almost instantly crash when you use RTS. I have had sound glitches and other issues with games that have no copyright protection, eg Mario 64 DS (though my brother tells me that 1.34 fixed this problem). Furthermore, the RTS problems are not restricted to DS games- run Golden Sun with the GBA RTS function and you character will freeze up on the spot.

Overall, I have been pretty disappointed with the M3 Real's RTS. I was super-psyched when they announced it, because the Supercard DS1's clunky menu was driving me bonkers. In comparison, the SCDS1 RTS is so much more reliable and faster than the M3 Real's. I don't have a Cyclo Evo, but the common consensus is that its RTS is slightly slower than the Supercard, but much more stable.

I hope team M3 can improve its RTS function in the coming firmware updates.

6. tphi

Newcomer tphi Newbie

France
    I had no problem with RTS, all game works, include Chrono Trigger. To make it work, just patch the game with DSTAM

7. Firedrake1
    OP

United States
    @darkray - You linked to a sakura release, not an ISakuReal release. Are you suggesting that i i just try the Sakura instead?

@gosp - I am not familiar with DSTAM. What is it and where can i find it?

8. Firedrake1
    OP

United States
    Ok i searched for DSATM, found it, and used it. It completely cleared up my problem where the game freezes when i change areas! Thanks so much! However, now im having issues where the game freezes when i get into a fight with the first boss "Yakra" Anyone else having this issue?
    (yes i searched the forums, but people only seem to be complaining about the time loop freeze)

9. Eternalrain21

Newcomer Eternalrain21 Newbie

United States
    I am having a similar problem. My issues also pops up when i fight Robo in the fair. Does this give you problems too?

10. Firedrake1
    OP

United States
    I think you mean Gato. Yup. Wow....ok that's a faster way to check than fighting all the way to Yakra. I have tried multiple releases of all three versions of the rom and all of them cause this problem. Does anyone have any ideas what i can do?

The only thing i haven't tried is the whole "arm7" fix thing is DSATM because i don't understand how to use it. Can anyone offer some advice?

11. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i just stopped using the RTS and I never had the problem again. I'm almost at the end of the game now. I think there is just a RTS bug with this game so it shouldn't be used until they (hopefully) fix it in the next firmware update.

12. Firedrake1
    OP

United States
    Wow....I'm....dumb. I stopped using RTS and now it works like a charm. You are right there is a bug. *sigh* this is the reason I'm a PC gamer i just don't get/care for/like the idea of save points. They make no sense to me.