ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
my misc patch was made in DSATM, using Narin's non-M3 code the alternative memory address suggested by cracker on another thread for Chrono Trigger DS. that's all it modifies, plus it autotrimms the rom.

taliosfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, my m3 real was getting the black lockup when you first time travel, so I d/led the cheat db and tried narins m3 fix...now it locks up when the game asks me to name lucca at the very beginning
unsure.gif

Dreamwest

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I have a Firelink (NCard clone) firmware version 1.50 (apparently the latest). Same problem as everyone here, endless loop of doom at the time warp.

I've tried the three patches uploaded by 1ns0mn14. The one for R4 and M3 patches give white blank screens before the company logos come out. The patch for misc let me go in the game. Everything seems to work fine except the menu. Everytime I select to go into items, equipment, save, etc, the game will freeze up. I have not tried if it will get pass the warp, but I don't think there is much point if you cannot save your progress.

I've also checked a subforum here and apparently there is no cheat plugins for NCard clones. So I'm pretty much given up. If anyone knows of a way to get pass this warp or there is another patch that I haven't tried, please post a reply. I'll be checking this thread constantly.

Thanks.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Dreamwest said:
Hi. I have a Firelink (NCard clone) firmware version 1.50 (apparently the latest). Same problem as everyone here, endless loop of doom at the time warp.

I've tried the three patches uploaded by 1ns0mn14. The one for R4 and M3 patches give white blank screens before the company logos come out. The patch for misc let me go in the game. Everything seems to work fine except the menu. Everytime I select to go into items, equipment, save, etc, the game will freeze up. I have not tried if it will get pass the warp, but I don't think there is much point if you cannot save your progress.

I've also checked a subforum here and apparently there is no cheat plugins for NCard clones. So I'm pretty much given up. If anyone knows of a way to get pass this warp or there is another patch that I haven't tried, please post a reply. I'll be checking this thread constantly.

Thanks.

Did you try cracker's fix as well, mate?
Even though it's intended for TTDS it proved to be highly compatible with a wide variety of carts...
I've made a patcher for it...
It uses cracker's xdelta file so full credit goes to him,
I just repacked it (and tested it)..

http://www.mediafire.com/?jqylgzmjwm2

I highly recommend this patch~

Dreamwest

Trophies
XP
Country
1ns0mn14 said:
Did you try cracker's fix as well, mate?
Even though it's intended for TTDS it proved to be highly compatible with a wide variety of carts...
I've made a patcher for it...
It uses cracker's xdelta file so full credit goes to him,
I just repacked it (and tested it)..

http://www.mediafire.com/?jqylgzmjwm2

I highly recommend this patch~

This one works! I've gone pass the warp and I can access the menu just fine. Thank you so much! I really miss this game. Just one more little question. Lots of people are also saying they get stuck in the cathedral etc. Does this patch also fix that? Or is the cathedral part just isolate incidences?

DonLeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
help mee
i still can't run it on my DSTT

1.i've used the new cheat database and activate the non m3 real cheat codes but it still didn't work
2.how to patch it?
is there any tutorial?i need guide here ^^

thx

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Dreamwest said:
This one works! I've gone pass the warp and I can access the menu just fine. Thank you so much! I really miss this game. Just one more little question. Lots of people are also saying they get stuck in the cathedral etc. Does this patch also fix that? Or is the cathedral part just isolate incidences?

Yup, it does fix both anti-piracy checks in the game. Enjoy Chrono Trigger~!

QUOTE(DonLeon @ Dec 1 2008, 04:02 PM) help mee
i still can't run it on my DSTT

1.i've used the new cheat database and activate the non m3 real cheat codes but it still didn't work
2.how to patch it?
is there any tutorial?i need guide here ^^

thx

1. Sounds to me like you didn't activate the cheat... XD
2. As for the patch, just read the simple instructions, that's why I put them in the RAR file, I don't need them but you do as it seems.
But I'm seriously asking myself how easier it can get.....

-Just rename your unpatched clean Chrono Trigger (US version) rom to: chrono (file extension should be .nds of course, so chrono.nds should be full file name if you right-click on the file -> properties)
-Download (here's the link again: http://www.mediafire.com/?jqylgzmjwm2) and unzip the patcher (using WinRAR) in the same folder as the rom.
-Run it, click on the "Patch" button, wait a bit, then copy the generated chrono-patched.nds to your cart.

geez people
frown.gif

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
phazer said:
Can ne1 please give me an update with regard to Supercard DS ONE?
thanks

Well.. I dunno, did you try all patches out?
Try downloading either the "cracker" (recommended) or the "misc" patch from
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0dcc72f...2db6fb9a8902bda

I've heard comments that the patch is working for Supercard DS users.. dunno if Supercard DS One is a different product? :S
If it is, couldn't you just enable the cheatcodes manually, like M3 Real users?

Swifteye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alrite this patcher thing just freaked me the hell out why did it access the system command prompt i saw something about the system 32 file before it completed im scared its like some freak scheme to catch whoever has the file

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swifteye said:
alrite this patcher thing just freaked me the hell out why did it access the system command prompt i saw something about the system 32 file before it completed im scared its like some freak scheme to catch whoever has the file
DOS applications run via the command prompt.

ichaBuNni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just want to say thank you to 1ns0mn14. i used the chrono.trigger.(u)-patch_cracker patch on R4DS v1.18, and it seems to work so far!
biggrin.gif
one thing though, when i was trying to run the patcher, for whatever reason it would not generate the chrono-patched.nds file if the folder name where i put all the file is named "chrono.trigger.(u)-patch_cracker". once i changed the folder name to something else (in my case, just "c") it generates as it's supposed to be.

DonLeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
oh c'mon
i've activated the cheat codes of course
the key icon in the DSTT menu is glowing

and then i downloaded the patch from cracker's link
and there's no such file like "INSTRUCTION"
just 3 files:
xdelta.exe
patch.bat
ctdsu-ttds.delta

maybe i downloaded the wrong files/corrupted files

the files are very different from the link that u give me
from ur link after unzipping there were 2 files (patcher and instruction) not 3 like the one i've downloaded
-------------------------------
btw
i've patched the chrono.nds
and there isn't any error during the patching
but i still couldn't play it
just blank white screen
and my patched chrono nds file isn't "CHRONO-PATCHED.NDS" but the name still didn't change. just chrono.nds

DSTT sucks it's just like i wanted to throw it away to garbage

Chopstick Nick

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I own a EDGE flashcart and I'm pretty stressed out over this game >_>

I have tried using the code above, with the R4 cheat code editor and all... Following the exact instructions, yet the Code does not show up. Usually EDGE would have an option of "Enable cheat code: yes/no?", yet it does not appear...

I have also tried using the cheat from here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

markgellor

Trophies
XP
Country
help me get it worked on no$gba
frown.gif
ive tried searching the google for like 2 nights
frown.gif
and it never gave something that can make it work in no$gba
frown.gif

Spider-Girl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, yeah, once again, I'm having a cheat problem...
I patched my version of Chrono Trigger and I have played it all of the way to the warp area and it works.
The thing that's bothering me now is the fact that there are no cheats available.

I have already downloaded the latest and most up-to-date version of the USRCHEAT.dat which was dated 02 Dec 2008 08:28.

The name of the file on my R4 (with YSmenu instead of the original R4 kernal) is chrono-patched.nds.
Can I even change the name of the file without messing everything up?

All help is appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on