ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

atracious

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have figured it out, i just got past the infinate time warp scene so this works. On the EZFlash V you need to make a folder called "CHT" all caps and put the ezarcode file in there (http://cheats.gbatemp.net/). Then you need to boot up the card and make sure that the icon with two arrows in blue. Next select the chrono trigger rom and it will give you a list of cheats. activate the first game fix cheat by pressing right and not the second, and any other codes you want to use. next press 'a' to start the game. once you are in the game press 'L'+'R'+'START' at the same time to activate the codes, and 'L'+'R'+'SELECT' to turn them off after.

happy time travels!

Dried Monkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
atracious said:
I have figured it out, i just got past the infinate time warp scene so this works. On the EZFlash V you need to make a folder called "CHT" all caps and put the ezarcode file in there (http://cheats.gbatemp.net/). Then you need to boot up the card and make sure that the icon with two arrows in blue. Next select the chrono trigger rom and it will give you a list of cheats. activate the first game fix cheat by pressing right and not the second, and any other codes you want to use. next press 'a' to start the game. once you are in the game press 'L'+'R'+'START' at the same time to activate the codes, and 'L'+'R'+'SELECT' to turn them off after.

happy time travels!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, however, there is another problem. Whenever I play without cheats it works up until the time warp. When I play with the cheats button on, whether cheats are selected or not (including the fix cheat), it freezes just after the names of the companies that made the game right when it says "touch the screen". Also, I tried it again without cheats and it froze at the first set of stairs in the town. Do you know how to fix this?

curiousmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1ns0mn14 said:
For DSTT you got three options..

2. Using the xdelta patch for DSTT submitted by "cracker" (the maker of DSATM, which I used to make my patches), located here.

This worked for me ( finally. ) DSTT v1.16, USA nds.

Thanks

card

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no help for the M3 Lite?
frown.gif

dc5r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may i have some help please?

here what i have

R4DS with latest official firmware 1.18 english

- i tried insomnias "misc patch", got the full 83~mb file so i know it was done correctly. It reads "chrono.nds" not "chrono.nds.nds" in the game selection page. So i still do not know why i freeze on the portal

- i threw narins cheat file 4mb in both the system and main section

i also tried deleting the old save file and running a new save file everytime i threw a patch in no luck.

spent bout 2hours (more or less) on this sadly. Most annoying is having to keep trying to activate the portal from practically scratch.
i could have put on a new trunk in that time span =(

help would be appreciated very much please =)!

ran out of ideas so i will be sitting out for a bit...

mez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.

been using these forums for a while without actually posting.

I'm using a M3DS real with 4.1a firmware
I've downloaded the latest "cheat.db" file and placed it in my SYSTEM folder

whenever I select a DS game, it shows the cheat.db file under the title

EX.
Super Mario 64 DS (U).nds
CheatFile: /system/cheat.db

however, when I select chrono trigger, it just shows the title and the options.

above the typical options, is an option to "Select File"...this just brings me to a browser showing everything in my SYSTEM folder but doesn't let me browse through it. Should I be able to select the "cheat.db" file from here? Is there another reason the "cheat.db" isn't showing up when I select Chrono Trigger, when it works for every other game? This is incredibly frustrating, I appreciate any help I can get on this.

edit: figured out my problem. booted up in the sakura GUI and was able to access the cheat just fine.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
dc5r said:
- i tried insomnias "misc patch", got the full 83~mb file so i know it was done correctly. It reads "chrono.nds" not "chrono.nds.nds" in the game selection page. So i still do not know why i freeze on the portal

dude.. it's simple. you transfered the chrono.nds, instead of the chrono-patched.nds

all other people with R4 had success using my patch, you can't have a "possessed" R4
tongue.gif

I am using the R4 clone R4-III and both my first patch, as well as the "misc patch" work on the rom.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Unorigin said:
http://www.supercard.arkanes-arkade.co.uk/
there's a tutorial there,
Apparently, it works well but for some strange reason...mine doesn't>.> the cheat menu doesn't show up and hence forth the problem isn't solved (for me). Anyway, there is a tutorial on how to make cheats for those two above me asking the questions.

Edit: anyone has any ideas? Personally, I've tried the code and the patch..both doesn't seem to work for me...

my misc patch is reported to work fine on Supercard carts..

PS: Sorry for doubleposting. Can't figure out how to delete it too..

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
1ns0mn14 said:
Unorigin said:
http://www.supercard.arkanes-arkade.co.uk/
there's a tutorial there,
Apparently, it works well but for some strange reason...mine doesn't>.> the cheat menu doesn't show up and hence forth the problem isn't solved (for me). Anyway, there is a tutorial on how to make cheats for those two above me asking the questions.

Edit: anyone has any ideas? Personally, I've tried the code and the patch..both doesn't seem to work for me...

my misc patch is reported to work fine on Supercard carts..

PS: Sorry for doubleposting. Can't figure out how to delete it too..
There is nothing like deleting your posts here, only a mod can do it, even though double posts are not allowed here, you are a newcomer and you are still learning
smile.gif

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Noitora said:
There is nothing like deleting your posts here, only a mod can do it, even though double posts are not allowed here, you are a newcomer and you are still learning
smile.gif

Thanks for not flaming a humble newbie ^^
But seriously, they should install an automerge mod ;D

geia sou re patrida!
the Greek archhacker is only one, all hail Noitora!!

Makes me realize I'm breaking another vital forum rule by going offtopic XD

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why 1ns0mn14's patcher doesnt patch the game , there is no chrono.patched.nds file created , just my chrono.nds file . I then tried DSATM to patch both cheat, either the Loop fix or the Loop fix for m3 users , nothing will let me exit the portal on my ds-x.

Was a solution found for ds-x ? maybe for the jap version?

dc5r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah i was running the wrong thing, but now i got it working and ran into a new problem.

i'm running off of the chrono.patched.nds and its fine until after the first cutscene and it freezes right b4 chrono is suppose to wake up

helpp lease

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Roamin64 said:
I don't know why 1ns0mn14's patcher doesnt patch the game

easy dude,
the patcher is a Portable Executable file (PE) (eg file extension EXE) which runs on all Windows OS,
it also includes a batch file which can even be run under DOS
tongue.gif

You just got something wrong!

But then again, I dunno if DSATM works with ds-x carts..

maybe you should just stick to cheat codes till a firmware update comes out for your cart?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1ns0mn14 said:
Roamin64 said:
I don't know why 1ns0mn14's patcher doesnt patch the game

easy dude,
the patcher is a Portable Executable file (PE) (eg file extension EXE) which runs on all Windows OS,
it also includes a batch file which can even be run under DOS
tongue.gif

You just got something wrong!

But then again, I dunno if DSATM works with ds-x carts..

maybe you should just stick to cheat codes till a firmware update comes out for your cart?

Yeah, not even I know if DSATM patched games work with the DS-X. I don't have access to one and haven't gotten any feedback from owners. :/ The safest patch for carts with unknown compatibility (DS-X, CycloDS, EDGE, slot 2 carts *shudder*) would be the DSTT patch since it shouldn't interfere with any patch code, etc the flash cart would put into memory.

dc5r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh i have a serious problem now...

my metal slug 7 seemed to have been corrupted some how out of all this trying to get CT to work on the ds =S

i.e) combat training arena i get blocks of colors, i.e) where the GRADES should be per mission like "S" rank i have a blank colored box. and its actually all around where the grade box should be and the L and R button has a big orange block around it

not to mention i cannot delete the narin cheat file or the chorno patch and its save file, its a 0kb file

ugh...

not to blame you guys because i was the one who threw the files in but any insight would be appreciated

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dc5r said:
uh i have a serious problem now...

my metal slug 7 seemed to have been corrupted some how out of all this trying to get CT to work on the ds =S

i.e) combat training arena i get blocks of colors, i.e) where the GRADES should be per mission like "S" rank i have a blank colored box. and its actually all around where the grade box should be and the L and R button has a big orange block around it

not to mention i cannot delete the narin cheat file or the chorno patch and its save file, its a 0kb file

ugh...

not to blame you guys because i was the one who threw the files in but any insight would be appreciated

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you probably won't be able to restore your save for MS7.

Your microSD card is corrupted and needs a format. Attempt to copy everything you want to salvage beforehand of course.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use whatever method worked for you in the end. I think the problem you had was possibly due to turning your DS on/off, rewriting different patched copies so many times, etc. It's not hard to make a microSD get corrupted on any flash card when there is testing involved.
wacko.gif

dc5r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even after formatting, i think i corrupted a crap load of files =S my mario kart bleach etc. and the actual games itself some how got all bad not just the save files. they get white screen freezes. these were files i moved elsewhere and jus threw them back into the sd after format.

so far the only game that seems to be working is jump ultimate

i also had no working CT process in the end =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH