ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS -- only runs when there is no save

Kirby6417

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an R4DS and maybe a year ago or so I got YSMenu on it since I heard that would get updates and be able to run more things.

And now I have Chrono Trigger (US version) on it. I played it just fine for a couple hours, then saved and shut it off. When I turned my DS on again, simply hovering over the option of playing Chrono Trigger makes the R4 completely lock up and freeze, and I just have to turn it off. By deleting the .sav file, I could play the game again, but if if I turned it off, the same situation would happen. So basically, shutting the game off prevents me from using that save again at all, and I have to start all over.

Anybody have a solution? I looked up some stuff, but the best I could find was that people had problems with the game freezing at a certain portal part, something that I had no trouble with (if we're talking about the portal at the carnival in the first 30 minutes of the game).

Also, are there any recent updates for YSMenu or is there a better system altogether I can get on my R4 to fix this/avoid similar situations in the future?

Thanks, etc.

BTW, this isn't in the right forum section, is it? I was kind of in a rush and didn't check which section this qualified for best.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your R4 is a true 1:1 R4 clone (or, less likely, a real R4) then I'd suggest you try WoodR4

Make sure your R4 is JUST "R4 Revolution for DS". No 'i', No 'SDHC', No 'Ultra', 'Upgrade', 'III', whatever -JUST- "R4 Revolution for DS".
There are some R4i Golds that work with Wood, but you didn't mention 'Gold' so...

Kirby6417

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely R4 Revolution for DS. As for the YSMenu I have... I don't know how to determine that just by looking at the files on my R4, but if this helps, they were last modified April 4, 2010. So I guess it must be whatever version was the latest at that point.

Kirby6417

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went with Wood R4 and now there's no problem. Thanks guys.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny