Chrome: How do I fix this?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by ShadowSoldier, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I used to use chrome a lot. But I switched back over to FireFox because of this:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Chrome does that for a lot of pages. How do I fix it? Or should I just uninstall/reinstall?

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Maybe it's a bad dns thing. Try running a piece of software called namebench. Point it at Chrome and see if it helps.

3. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    are you talking about the bookmarks too ? your bookmarks bar looks weird.

Anyhow about the page: seems like your browser isn't loading CSS and/or Javascript properly anymore.
    At least it's what happened to me once. This was caused by a cache issue.
    It's a bit complex to solve, I remember there's a folder to delete in the user profile folder, I just googled it for 10 minutes but I couldn't find it.
    Maybe this will remind somebody else of the solution and they'll complete my answer...

4. netnerd

netnerd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2013
    Melbourne
    If it is indeed a cache issue, go to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and clear the cache there before deleting anything with uhhh.... Windows????? . If not, I'd almost be tempted to just uninstall then reinstall Chrome though, because that should clear out any junk data.

Edit: Link doesn't like me. Just copy-paste it.

5. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    bookmarks and page itself how it's all text. It just randomly started doing it one day out of the blue.