• Views 4,603
  • Replies 41

krazykracker1288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christian Bale was offered $50 million. Atheist Bale wasn't. Take that, atheists.

I liked Christian Bale in the Nolan trilogy, I really did, but I think it's time to move on. His Bruce Wayne/Batman is not suited for a world with the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman. Plus, he's already played Batman in more films than any other actor (not getting into the old serials here); I think it's time for someone else to get their shot.

TL;DR: I hope Christian bails.

This was the funniest shit I've read all week!!! :bow:

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
So what, they wanna set this after TDKR? That movie was bad, Nolan and his "realism" doesnt suit comic books at all, Warner tries to apologize for doing superhero movies in the first place and the general ideaof the entire movie sucks, not to mention that Man of Steel is shit, Superman is boring in general and Batman is an overrated overhyped male Mary Sue (not even a Mary Stu mind ya) and somehow people are still excited about this? And how come I still am surprised they would go that far to pay him 50 million for a role he didn't want to play last time? When all is said is done he is richer than Bruce Wayne himself.

If Warner were smart they would just say fuck this shit and do a smaller budget superhero movie with one of their lesser know characters instead and embrace the comics books instead of shying away from them...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically this. He's a fantastic Bruce Wayne, but not Batman. He always seemed so stiff in his movements. And that voice, that god awful voice. They need an actor who has that stern but really clear voice, not someone who has to force it out.
Right. It's ridiculous that Batman change his voice while in the cowl...but less so that the supporting characters in every other iteration of Batman never think, "Man...that Batman guy sounds a lot like Bruce Wayne..."

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right. It's ridiculous that Batman change his voice while in the cowl...but less so that the supporting characters in every other iteration of Batman never think, "Man...that Batman guy sounds a lot like Bruce Wayne..."

No I don't mind changing the voice a little bit, but that was ridiculous, you couldn't understand him most of the time. Bale doesn't have that bad of a voice, I think he could have pulled it off without the talk/growling thing he was doing.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't mind changing the voice a little bit, but that was ridiculous, you couldn't understand him most of the time. Bale doesn't have that bad of a voice, I think he could have pulled it off without the talk/growling thing he was doing.
Dunno guy. I had no problem understanding Bale as Batman.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Dunno guy. I had no problem understanding Bale as Batman.

Me neither. TDK trilogy are my absolute favorite super hero movies.
So good that I can't enjoy any other superhero movie now.
I remember reading an article about a hollywood producer who said that Nolan set standards so high that it was damaging the industry (not just with Batman but also with his other productions), because nothing else Hollywood produces matches the quality of what he does... I can't find that article anymore, been googling for the past 5 minutes but to no avail.

Reactions: Thanatos Telos

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading an article about a hollywood producer who said that Nolan set standards so high that it was damaging the industry (not just with Batman but also with his other productions), because nothing else Hollywood produces matches the quality of what he does... I can't find that article anymore, been googling for the past 5 minutes but to no avail.
Don't know if I'd go that far... Memento is one of my favorite movies and everything else he's done has been great, but I don't think he's set the bar unattainably high or that he's done so on his own.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's just an excuse. If anything, Nolan set the standards for how a Hollywood movie should be. Don't just do a quick cash-in. Get the right actors. If they screw up or if there's something that needs to be changed, change it. Don't just be like "eh, it's good enough".

Honestly, Nolan and James Cameron are the only ones who seem to actually want to make their movies good and won't ship it until they're the best.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't understand how any of you people could not be completely pissed at this ?!

there are people working a whole month for less than 10$ in this world to somehow survive and some stupid actor is offered 50 million ? I for one get very angry reading stuff like this ! Many people could be able to do not worse than he does for not even 1/10th of the money ...

Humans are so stupid for idolizing some stupid "stars" -.-
we should better care for a good world instead of always reporting about stars (this goes for all TV news and newspaper .....)

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just an excuse. If anything, Nolan set the standards for how a Hollywood movie should be. Don't just do a quick cash-in. Get the right actors. If they screw up or if there's something that needs to be changed, change it. Don't just be like "eh, it's good enough".

Honestly, Nolan and James Cameron are the only ones who seem to actually want to make their movies good and won't ship it until they're the best.

Man of Steel says hi.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, no, I was saying that Man of Steel was a bad movie. I honestly hated the character arc, and Superman wasn't characterized well imho.

In all honesty, there's never been a good Superman movie, unless it's the animated ones. Even the ones with Christopher Reeve was complete shit. Superman is just a bad character overall to be honest.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, there's never been a good Superman movie, unless it's the animated ones. Even the ones with Christopher Reeve was complete shit. Superman is just a bad character overall to be honest.

Unlike Batman, he has only a single weakness, and his character has barely changed since his first comic. Really, I honestly think Nolan should have been put up to making a decent Green Lantern or Flash movie. The last Green Lantern movie sucked, and I've never seen a live-action Flash film. The character has a lot of potential too, so I don't know why they're avoiding him.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Personally I did not mind the TV show, that said it is about the only thing I have ever seen superman in really (never read comics and batman aside DC cartoons never made it across the pond).

That said this is how I seem to have ever got to know of any DC/marvel superheroes -- if there was not a cartoon or live action TV show of it I probably did not see it or care about it.

Reactions: Costello

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I did not mind the TV show, that said it is about the only thing I have ever seen superman in really (never read comics and batman aside DC cartoons never made it across the pond).

That said this is how I seem to have ever got to know of any DC/marvel superheroes -- if there was not a cartoon or live action TV show of it I probably did not see it or care about it.

You mean the show with Dean Cain? If so, that show actually wasn't all that bad. I don't think Dean was the best Superman, but he wasn't the worst either.

Or do you mean Smallville? Because if so, Tom Welling is an amazing Superman.

Reactions: Costello

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hands nipples pees and camel toes?