Christian Bale 'offered $50 million to return for Superman vs Batman'

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by soulx, Aug 13, 2013.

1. soulx
    OP

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada

2. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    While I'd love to see Christian Bale be Batman again...I can't help but think that is way too much money.

EZ-Megaman and jimmyemunoz like this.
  3. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    I would assume if they are offering him this much then it's probably for at least 2 movies but I have been wrong before.

If they don't get Bale I really don't see anyone doing as good of a job as him.

Chary likes this.
  4. jomaper

jomaper Some random argie lost in the Internet.

Dec 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    $50 millions, lol. They sure know that if they put him on the role they will get back that amount and more too. But that means too that they know that if they don't get him the movie might be a fatal mistake.

Sicklyboy likes this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I assume that is 50 million plus percentages and such like. If not 50 million seems kind of low.

6. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    I honestly didn't like Bale as Batman(he is an awesome Bruce Wayne though). It has got to the point where as long as he's acting he has to be Batman/Bruce. I can not imagine any one else taking over the role and being able to make an impact like the last three movies have. It's my feeling that in order for the Superman/Batman clash to work they need Bale. If he turns down the 50, expect to hear 75 soon.

7. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Christian Bale was offered $50 million. Atheist Bale wasn't. Take that, atheists.

I liked Christian Bale in the Nolan trilogy, I really did, but I think it's time to move on. His Bruce Wayne/Batman is not suited for a world with the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman. Plus, he's already played Batman in more films than any other actor (not getting into the old serials here); I think it's time for someone else to get their shot.

TL;DR: I hope Christian bails.

Sicklyboy, Minox, Ron and 4 others like this.
  8. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    I can't help but think that Bale would regret doing Superman vs Batman. The title sounds lame enough to put me off, but I can't imagine Christian Bale wanting to share the spotlight with somebody as inexperienced as Henry Cavill. We already know what happens on one of his bad days.

Costello likes this.
  9. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Bale's Bruce Wayne retired from being Batman, so it seems to me that they'd have to make this movie exist in another universe, at which point, why do Bale again? Now if you do want it in the same universe, I think you have to go with Joseph Gordon Levitt taking up the Batman mantle.

10. jhjsaat

jhjsaat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2006
    Argentina
    San Juan, AR
    If you think there is a universe were Batman or Iron man or Spider-man ever stay retired for long you don't know them so well you think you do!

11. Etkar.H

Etkar.H GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2009
    Norway
    Earth
    Soooo....Nolan Universe?

12. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    If this were, say, Val Kilmer's batman, I would not be surprised to see him come out of retirement, but Nolan brought something different to his universe.

13. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    This is a very educated response, and loudly rings a bell of truth. Yeah Bale, but 50 Million? Priorities are so messed up in this day and age.

Chary likes this.
  14. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    As crazy as 50 million sounds to all of you, it's pennies compared to what the last three Batman movies made. If they can get him locked into a few more flicks for 50, they are getting off cheap.

15. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    i hated bale as batman, while none of the old batman movies were any good, and the new batman movies were i still hated him as batman good movies but they needed a different actor.

16. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    I thought Bale was a pretty good Batman, but I was really hoping to see another actor take a shot at the role. It would be really cool to see someone who could match Kevin Conroy's vocal performance (my favorite batman for sure).

17. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    How bout if they actually got Kevin Conroy for Batman vs Superman???

I think i would bust a nut down below :toot:

18. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    I didn't like Bale as Batman in fact I thought he was pretty horrible. With that said I'm really hoping they have a new Batman in the new Man of Steel sequel.

19. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    As much as I like Christian Bale, especially as Batman, I don't want to see him in this movie. His Batman, is the dark side of the character. For some reason, when I think of Superman, I don't really see a movie that can be all dark. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

20. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Basically this. He's a fantastic Bruce Wayne, but not Batman. He always seemed so stiff in his movements. And that voice, that god awful voice. They need an actor who has that stern but really clear voice, not someone who has to force it out.

xwatchmanx likes this.