Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use sxos emunand for everything that is concerning hacking and homebrew and sysnand when I play bought games and I also play online on sysnand. Before I boot into sysnand I also take out the microsd and I never had autorcm enabled. Had no issue playing online.

Now I updated my emunand from 9.0.0 to 9.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX and I noticed that it enables autorcm. Because I thought autorcm is permanently enabled I uninstalled it via the sxos menu.

So do you guys think this whole thing could left any sign of hacking on the sysnand or am I still safe. Hekate shows "AutoRCM OFF".

As far as I understood in this thread ChoiDujourNX didn't really enabled autorcm but I'm fearing that it could have left a hacking footprint on the sysnand when I uninstalled it now via the sx menu or am I just paranoid...?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use sxos emunand for everything that is concerning hacking and homebrew and sysnand when I play bought games and I also play online on sysnand. Before I boot into sysnand I also take out the microsd and I never had autorcm enabled. Had no issue playing online.

Now I updated my emunand from 9.0.0 to 9.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX and I noticed that it enables autorcm. Because I thought autorcm is permanently enabled I uninstalled it via the sxos menu.

So do you guys think this whole thing could left any sign of hacking on the sysnand or am I still safe. Hekate shows "AutoRCM OFF".

As far as I understood in this thread ChoiDujourNX didn't really enabled autorcm but I'm fearing that it could have left a hacking footprint on the sysnand when I uninstalled it now via the sx menu or am I just paranoid...?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.
You're confusing AutoRCM enabled for emuMMC for AutoRCM enabled on sysMMC not that enabling AutoRCM on emuMMC even does anything in the first place. Also nobody has been banned for AutoRCM usage alone so it is believed to be safe until proven otherwise. Lastly, there is no point in removing the SD card when booting sysMMC since checking for files on micro SD cards is both unreliable and potentially illegal.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're confusing AutoRCM enabled for emuMMC for AutoRCM enabled on sysMMC not that enabling AutoRCM on emuMMC even does anything in the first place. Also nobody has been banned for AutoRCM usage alone so it is believed to be safe until proven otherwise. Lastly, there is no point in removing the SD card when booting sysMMC since checking for files on micro SD cards is both unreliable and potentially illegal.
Oh ok, I did not know that they don`t have the system intentionally look into the root of your sd card for irregularities. I just thought better safe then sorry when it comes to having your system used in sysnand. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Draxzelex

f3rr3t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I updated my emunand from 8.10 to 9.10 with choidujournx and it won't boot. It gets past the atmosphere logo but never gets to the switch logo. Just stays on a black screen.
I restored a back up and tried again but I'm getting the same result.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

SCaoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I updated my emunand from 8.10 to 9.10 with choidujournx and it won't boot. It gets past the atmosphere logo

Same problem, already fixed, your sd is on exfat ¿right?

You have 2 options; copy all sd to pc an then formating on fat32, or use another sd to update now to 9.1.0 whit exfat support

Srry for my english, not native lenguaje :P

duidovwud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to add button support to this? I can’t use this at all because my touch screen doesn’t work so I can’t update or install exfat. And I’ve seen quite a few other people with defective touch screens too so if possible that would provide a workaround for me and others with the same problem.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to add button support to this? I can’t use this at all because my touch screen doesn’t work so I can’t update or install exfat. And I’ve seen quite a few other people with defective touch screens too so if possible that would provide a workaround for me and others with the same problem.
I haven't used the ChoiDujourNX functions in blawar's Tinfoil, but you might want to give it a try.

duidovwud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used the ChoiDujourNX functions in blawar's Tinfoil, but you might want to give it a try.
Tinfoil doesn’t respond to any buttons I try to press either. I’ve been using gold leaf to install games. I don’t know what is up with that.

acho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
+1. Would love to have controller support for navigation too.

acho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I managed to find a workaround to this and updated my emunand to 9.10. You can go the SX Installer and nsp method.

Ziggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been a long time since I did anything to my hacked switch and I forgot a lot of things. Right now I have a 4.0 firmware Switch that I updated to 7.0.1 via Choi a while back. Now I would like to jump to 9.0.1. I'm also using atmosphere 0.8.6 which is old too. I have a copy of the 9.0.1 firmware files. How simple is it to update both? I have only used Choi the one time so I didn't know if an update from an update was any different.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been a long time since I did anything to my hacked switch and I forgot a lot of things. Right now I have a 4.0 firmware Switch that I updated to 7.0.1 via Choi a while back. Now I would like to jump to 9.0.1. I'm also using atmosphere 0.8.6 which is old too. I have a copy of the 9.0.1 firmware files. How simple is it to update both? I have only used Choi the one time so I didn't know if an update from an update was any different.
Its pretty simple to update both. Delete the old Atmosphere files and put the new ones on your SD card. Also be sure to update your CFW before updating your firmware.

Reactions: Ziggle

Ziggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its pretty simple to update both. Delete the old Atmosphere files and put the new ones on your SD card. Also be sure to update your CFW before updating your firmware.

Oh, I'm just updating the CFW. I'm leaving the base as is. I was mostly wondering if going from 7.0.1 to 9.0.1 via Choi is the same process as when I first used it to get 7.0.1 without burning any fuses.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I'm just updating the CFW. I'm leaving the base as is. I was mostly wondering if going from 7.0.1 to 9.0.1 via Choi is the same process as when I first used it to get 7.0.1 without burning any fuses.
It pretty much is except for the update to your cartridge slot. On firmware 4.0, there was an update for the cartridge slot that once applied made the console unable to play cartridges on firmware versions below 4.0. On firmware 9.0, a similar update is now available which renders the cartridge slot unusable on firmware versions below 9.0. These updates are relevant in case you wish to downgrade your console to lower firmware versions and retain the ability to use carts. The only way to prevent the cartridge slot update from being applied is by breaking it via nogc. ChoiDujourNX no longer handles as it is handled by Hekate or Fusee, depending on which you use to boot Atmosphere.

Basically, once you update to 9.0 or higher, you have to decide if you want to use cartridges on firmware versions 9.0 and higher or below 9.0. Keep in mind that the update is irreversible so once it is installed, there is no going back. There is also no right or wrong way to proceed.

Reactions: Ziggle

vixvixvixvixvix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to 9.1.0 using this, I am unable to get passed the Atmosphere splashscreen. Even if I put in my other SD card that isnt hacked, if I hit the power button, there is absolutely no indication that there is even power going through the switch. No nintendo icon shows up, no nothing. I have no backup as my HDD that had it on it burned out. Is there anything I can do or am I totally screwed?

Ziggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It pretty much is except for the update to your cartridge slot. On firmware 4.0, there was an update for the cartridge slot that once applied made the console unable to play cartridges on firmware versions below 4.0. On firmware 9.0, a similar update is now available which renders the cartridge slot unusable on firmware versions below 9.0. These updates are relevant in case you wish to downgrade your console to lower firmware versions and retain the ability to use carts. The only way to prevent the cartridge slot update from being applied is by breaking it via nogc. ChoiDujourNX no longer handles as it is handled by Hekate or Fusee, depending on which you use to boot Atmosphere.

Basically, once you update to 9.0 or higher, you have to decide if you want to use cartridges on firmware versions 9.0 and higher or below 9.0. Keep in mind that the update is irreversible so once it is installed, there is no going back. There is also no right or wrong way to proceed.

Thanks man, just the kind of info I need. Now that I think about it, the only reason I kept the lower firmware was for the possible permanent exploit which is probably not happening. It might be easier to just restore my old backup and use nothing but atmosphere. In any case I want to be able to restore my backup one day and give/trade my Switch without it being banned for CFW. So I guess the update is no big deal since I would be updating past that in that event anyways.

Reactions: Draxzelex

4Klayton

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My idea is update my nand to 9.2.0 to play my original Pokemon Shield on internet, and keep my emunand with all the other games on firmware 9.1.0. After the upgrade by ChoiDujourNX, my first boot will be on autoRCM mode, and then, it's my doubt, when I turn my console off and turn it on again, on the official bootload, the fuses will be burned or this only happened on first boot after upgrade?

thanks in advance

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm this tool would be useful if it could be in RCM mode. Because of some bricks (soft once) it would help people to fix their downgrade issues.

Reactions: xkrazykidx

Ziggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to let anyone know if it helps, I was able to do the update without too many issues. I went from an old 0.8 atmosphere to the latest one first, got a new fusee launcher that cleared up another issue I was having too. Choi worked great when jumping from 7.0.1 to 9.0.1, but I did end up having to reinstall several games when I got "corrupt data" errors on them. I also had to update my HBmenu from 3.1 to 3.2 in order to work right, and I had to grab extra sigpatches because the ones at the SD card setup site were not enough. Everything works great now though.

Adz01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Running 8.1.0 trying to update to 9.1.0 using choiDujournx but the firmware does not appear as a nca it shows with a zero on file. Using SX Pro 2.9.2 any help?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• 50E2E875-F78E-4FFC-A655-56F01EB6CA3A.jpeg
    50E2E875-F78E-4FFC-A655-56F01EB6CA3A.jpeg
    836 KB · Views: 249

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn