Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked, thank you!

Any idea why?

let see In Applet Mode, you don't have access to as much RAM, and certain homebrew applications might not run well. Use a game instead of the photo album to not run in Applet Mode. Most of the basic homebrew applications run just fine in Applet Mode, however it seem like it would crash on Full RAM mode as oppose to working in applet mode, I ran into the same problem few days ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That worked, thank you!

*edit*

Now I'm getting a crash whenever it starts up. :(

71mTPTX.jpg

Did you use a fresh build of Vanilla Atmosphere?

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update to 10.0.3
I am on 9.2.0|AMS 0.12.0|S
Everything seems to be working, until “Testing for BIS protection” which makes the application crash. Also, for some reason the home button stops working and I have to reboot.
As I've read this issue occurred to many SX OS users, I'd like to point out once more that I'm not on SX OS. I do have incognito and Tinfoil, and they've been installed on my system for more than a year, but this never happened before

drrastovac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everything seems to be working, until “Testing for BIS protection” which makes the application crash. Also, for some reason the home button stops working and I have to reboot.
As I've read this issue occurred to many SX OS users, I'd like to point out once more that I'm not on SX OS. I do have incognito and Tinfoil, and they've been installed on my system for more than a year, but this never happened before
I'm going to update right now my system from 10.0.2 AMS 0.12.0|S to 10.0.3 using choidujournx. I'll let you know how it went.

drrastovac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Done, everything is working fine for me. Try again to put all the latest Atmosphere files and before that delete the old ones.

Last edited by drrastovac,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was it, thank you so much.
This tool really needs an update then, either removing this limitation (if possible) or warning the user to run it in Applet mode.

I think it might have to do with the 9.x.x firmware in the past I was able to update fine inside full ram mode, I also recent updated to 10.0.x I had to use applet mode as the update would fail on full ram mode.

Reactions: SkullHex2

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Extract the UPDATE partition from an XCI image of the cartridge that contains the update you want into a folder"

How do I go about doing this? Can it be done somehow using NXDumptool and an XCI image? Or do I need some other app?

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try running in Applet mode if it crash on full ram mode for you on Atmosphere.
Thank you. Good to know. I wanted to update from 10.0.2 to 10.0.4 with atmosphere and no applet mode. Didnt work. Same problem as @Digi_Ohhh
I ended up using SXOS to update (which worked with no problems). I had no problems updating with atmosphere and Full ram mode before today. Strange.

Reactions: SkullHex2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you