Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably burned a tonne of fuses but did the upgrade from 5.0.1 to 7.0.1 few months back. Would it be possible to upgrade to 8.0.1 and then downgrade back to 7.0.1 or 5.0.1?

Adrian137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi,

I'm trying to install firmware 9.0.0 (exFAT) from 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX but it just stucks at "Testing for BIS protection".

Anyone having the same issue?

I'm currently in SX 2.9 beta.

I've also tried to re-copy the firmware file and ChoiDujourNX.nro file into my sd card again but the error still persist.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I'm trying to install firmware 9.0.0 (exFAT) from 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX but it just stucks at "Testing for BIS protection".

Anyone having the same issue?

I'm currently in SX 2.9 beta.

I've also tried to re-copy the firmware file and ChoiDujourNX.nro file into my sd card again but the error still persist.

I'm also getting stuck at "Testing for BIS protection" message, same setup as you.

SimplyImpossible

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've setup everything correctly with update 9.0.0 and all. I select the fat32 9.0.0 button and when I start the update installation, Choi crashes instantly. Any reason why this happens?

Edit: Sorry, I'm stupid. Didn't boot with fusee-secondary.

Last edited by SimplyImpossible,

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also getting stuck at "Testing for BIS protection" message, same setup as you.

I had the same issue. I figured it had to do with something in SX OS 2.9. I have a hidden emunand partition with SX OS and I followed this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-atmosphere-emummc.541060/ (Just skipped to the Copy Files section - had to make the emuMMC folder and the emummc.ini and did not follow any of the other steps since I already had a hidden emunand partition) to use Atmosphere emummc which can recognize the SX OS hidden partition. You will need to put Atmosphere on your SD Card (Don't delete any of the SX OS files). I also had to create a flag folder in Atmosphere to allow it to write to BIS https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade by following some steps from this section. This part is also important, make sure hekate_ipl.ini has this option for the emuMMC https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-atmosphere-emummc.541060/page-11#post-8754359 and under config autoboot=0 so it doesn't autoboot.

Place hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2.bin on the root of your switch sd card.
I then used the SX Dongle to boot in SX OS -> Options -> Payloads and use hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2.bin and then once in hekate Launch -> CFW (EMUMMC)
You can make sure emuMMC is recognized before launching by going to emuMMC on hekate's main menu and you'll see a green checkmark next to enabled then you can choose close out of there by the x in the top right. Then click on your profile in the top left which will take you to the homebrew menu and follow the normal ChoidjourNX steps from there. I am used to SX OS stealth mode and did not realize my switch went online so that's on me and it accidentally updated stuff. May want to make sure you are in airplane mode and I can't make any guarantees because I do not know if it will put the switch at a risk for a ban without using some sort of stealth mode.

I wonder if I could skip the whole emummc step I did from the first half and just create the flag folder and file in an empty Atmosphere folder to allow the BIS writing (curious if under SX OS if it would have worked and kept it in SX OS stealth mode). It may have just worked that way. Sorry I am not great at explaining steps which is why I linked to the guides I followed. Someone else may have found an easier way.

Last edited by clownz,
Reactions: rrocha and xs4all

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Probably burned a tonne of fuses but did the upgrade from 5.0.1 to 7.0.1 few months back. Would it be possible to upgrade to 8.0.1 and then downgrade back to 7.0.1 or 5.0.1?
You can only downgrade as far as the firmware where you originally made the update using ChoiDuJourNX. Also, you would need to use ChoiDuJourNX for the downgrade itself, which requires a peculiar setup to do.

I do not know your reason for wanting to make the downgrade, but all I can say is just stick with your current firmware as firmware 8.0.1 is a very stable one. At least, in my experience.

If anything, you may even want to update to firmware 8.1.0 via ChoiDuJourNx as this firmware, too, is very stable.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
You can only downgrade as far as the firmware where you originally made the update using ChoiDuJourNX. Also, you would need to use ChoiDuJourNX for the downgrade itself, which requires a peculiar setup to do.

I do not know your reason for wanting to make the downgrade, but all I can say is just stick with your current firmware as firmware 8.0.1 is a very stable one. At least, in my experience.

If anything, you may even want to update to firmware 8.1.0 via ChoiDuJourNx as this firmware, too, is very stable.

Forgot to mention updated from 5.0.1 to 7.0.1 with choidur. There was a mention that 7.0.1 is last version that could have cold boot exploit.

btaggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting the "Testing for BIS protection" as well. From reading this thread, it looks like using atmosphere is the only way to install 9.0?

socressor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

in the last step were It tries to do "Flashing Firmware Packages" it stucks at 0/6 and I waited like 30 minutes, no progress...so I was dumb and rebooted manually...Now I can't
start the Custom Firmware or the normal firmware (ams stuck too), only blackscreen after Nintendo Logo. I don't know how to resolve this, is my Switch brick?

zuche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
is this after update attempt?

try booting without the nintendo folder, move it to desktop if u want. and try sxos 2.8 if u still on 8.1
Well, seems like I got myself a brick. Did no backups prior. Installed 2.9, decided to update to 9.0 with 1.0.1 Choi and got Flashing Firmware Packages stuck at 0/6. Wish I googled before and did backups. But now I am stuck with black screen. Tried installing atmoshpere 0.9.4, 3 splash screens going to black screen. Tried replacing 2.9 boot.dat with 2.8 - same thing. Tried another clean sd card with fresh install and nothing. Any ideas?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, seems like I got myself a brick. Did no backups prior. Installed 2.9, decided to update to 9.0 with 1.0.1 Choi and got Flashing Firmware Packages stuck at 0/6. Wish I googled before and did backups. But now I am stuck with black screen. Tried installing atmoshpere 0.9.4, 3 splash screens going to black screen. Tried replacing 2.9 boot.dat with 2.8 - same thing. Tried another clean sd card with fresh install and nothing. Any ideas?

i answer this in another thread but you can rebuild the nand
https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ