Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

fOmey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@rajkosto have you considered adding a option to pull update data directly from the "SYSTEM:/Contents" folder on a switch that has "System update is pending" notification?

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I kinda fked up... I have a clean nand backup of OFW 5.1 and I upgraded to 6.0 using ChoiDujourNX without burning fuses. I wanted to restore my backup but I accidentally burnt my fuses in the process... So now I'm stuck on a 6.0 CFW without the opportunity to roll back to a clean nand to go online. I do have the keys from my Switch and everything.

My question is how can I build the rawnand.bin and boot0/boot1 files for OFW 6.0 with my switch specific keys? Thanks in advance!

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can ChoiDujourNX be launched through SX OS homebew menu without any problems?

The not burning of fuses is optional correct ? I want to let it burn the same fuses that it would if I was updating from the nintendo servers! Only thing I have to do is disabled the 'prevent fuses to be burned' option and then reboot normally with CFW or OFW ?
i'm hearing recent versions of SX OS can launch it yeah, and yes you can do that

Hi, I kinda fked up... I have a clean nand backup of OFW 5.1 and I upgraded to 6.0 using ChoiDujourNX without burning fuses. I wanted to restore my backup but I accidentally burnt my fuses in the process... So now I'm stuck on a 6.0 CFW without the opportunity to roll back to a clean nand to go online. I do have the keys from my Switch and everything.

My question is how can I build the rawnand.bin and boot0/boot1 files for OFW 6.0 with my switch specific keys? Thanks in advance!
that's not really a sensible thing to do. whenever you need to revert to clean nand, just restore your 5.1.0 backup which you can still boot because our various cfw bootloaders skip fuse checks! then just boot and update through Choi again.

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm hearing recent versions of SX OS can launch it yeah, and yes you can do that

that's not really a sensible thing to do. whenever you need to revert to clean nand, just restore your 5.1.0 backup which you can still boot because our various cfw bootloaders skip fuse checks! then just boot and update through Choi again.

Ooh wow I'm stupid... That seems way easier hahah! Thanks!

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
There have been multiple reports on the 6.0.1 thread about exfat not working after updating via ChoiDujourNX to version 6.0.1. Is it a problem with the update files that are missing some exfat stuff or did something changed and needs to be fixed?

Rickardoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a suggestion, trusted people should post the sha256 of their dumped fw version zipped. Then these values should be put on a table for choidujour to use. If the sha does not match it should warn the user before installation.

Reactions: peteruk

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a suggestion, trusted people should post the sha256 of their dumped fw version zipped. Then these values should be put on a table for choidujour to use. If the sha does not match it should warn the user before installation.
That's a goot idea but I think it's better to test the hash of the actual *.NCA files. Afaik sysupdatder for the 3ds had this feature

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a goot idea but I think it's better to test the hash of the actual *.NCA files. Afaik sysupdatder for the 3ds had this feature
that would be super easy too for obvious reasons lol. each file name is half the sha256. the odds of a collision are basically 0. but also the full hash is in the cnmt or whatever

palyons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this already been asked or answered before. But I wanted to know if by playing a physical game cart on 5.1 through ChoiDujourNX, will this update my game cart firmware?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this already been asked or answered before. But I wanted to know if by playing a physical game cart on 5.1 through ChoiDujourNX, will this update my game cart firmware?
The only thing that will update your gamecart firmware is by running a firmware of 4.X or higher on a console that doesn't have the nogc patch active. If you are able to successfully launch a retail cartridge on a higher firmware, your gamecart slot was updated before you tried playing the game.

palyons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that will update your gamecart firmware is by running a firmware of 4.X or higher on a console that doesn't have the nogc patch active. If you are able to successfully launch a retail cartridge on a higher firmware, your gamecart slot was updated before you tried playing the game.

My Switch currently has a Stock firmware of 4.1.0 (Launch Day Switch), with only 5 burnt fuses. I have toyed around and upgraded to 5.1.0 with ChoiDujour a few weeks back. But had the nogc patch active. However upon downgrading back to 4.1.0 (nand restore), I was still able to play my game carts perfectly fine as before.

To be perfectly clear, I have not tried to Launch a game cart on a firmware higher than 4.1.0.

Last edited by palyons,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch currently has a Stock firmware of 4.1.0 (Launch Day Switch), with only 5 burnt fuses. I have toyed around and upgraded to 5.1.0 with ChoiDujour a few weeks back. But had the nogc patch active. However upon downgrading back to 4.1.0 (nand restore), I was still able to play my game carts perfectly fine as before.
That's because your gamecart slot was already updated when you bought the console since it was running a 4.X firmware. If you ever try downgrading your firmware to below 4.X, none of your retail cartridges would work.

palyons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because your gamecart slot was already updated when you bought the console since it was running a 4.X firmware. If you ever try downgrading your firmware to below 4.X, none of your retail cartridges would work.

I'm well aware of that, I have no intention of going below 4.1.0 with or without ChoiDujour in the first place.

Also when I bought the Switch it was originally on firmware 1.0.0 bought it the day it came out.

All I'm asking is if the gc firmware would be updated if I ran a game cart using ChoiDujour, in this case Super Mario Party, which requires 5.1.0

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm well aware of that, I have no intention of going below 4.1.0 with or without ChoiDujour in the first place.

Also when I bought the Switch it was originally on firmware 1.0.0 bought it the day it came out.

All I'm asking is if the gc firmware would be updated if I ran a game cart using ChoiDujour, in this case Super Mario Party, which requires 5.1.0
Its already updated and there are no other updates for the gamecart slot for the current time.

palyons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now I'm having another issue entirely. Upgraded back to 5.1.0 with ChoiDujour, and my system is hanging at the Switch logo screen. I have AutoRCM enabled, and booting using Hekate-CTCaer 4.2. I've never had this issue in the past before, any solutions?

Solved: It was something to do with the files on my SD card, did a clean format and copy from SD Files 9.03 and everything works again.

Last edited by palyons,

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm seeing so many conflicting reports - can I please confirm with someone 'in the know':

1. Can I use SXOS 2.0.1 to load ChoidujourNX.nro from the Homebrew screen, to upgrade 5.1 firmware to 6.0.1?
2. Do I need to uninstall my SXOS Auto RCM before doing the upgrade?
3. If I select to install Auto RCM after upgrade, do I need to reinstall Auto RCM via SX OS or is that it?

I don't want to use the other CFWs if possible - just after an easy solution with what I already know and am comfortable with (SX OS)!

Thank you all so much for any advise / info.

Reactions: peteruk

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The gc firmware update comes around 4.0, earlier fw need the old version and later fw need the new version.

If you switch between 4.0 and 5.0 (or 6.0) then the gc firmware stays the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta smash em all!