Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a bit more to it. There are apparently fuses on the game cart reader that were altered with I think firmware 3.0 when Nintendo introduced a new type of cartridge. So you will have to go through some extra steps to preserve the fuses on the cart reader, otherwise you'll lose access to playing games via cartridge if you ever flash back to 2.3. You can find more details on the Switch subforums here at GBATemp.
The new cart reader firmware was added in 4.0.0 :P

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
  • Copy the SYSTEM:/Contents/registered folder from another Switch that is running the firmware version you want
  • Copy the SYSTEM:/Contents folder from a Switch that has a "System update is pending" notification. This will let you pick either the currently running firmware, or the pending

So, if you only have a single switch, this method useless.

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I added the line kip1patch=nogc to my Hekate_ipl.ini in the bootloader folder on my SD card, but when I boot CFW through Hekate, the Switch still recognizes a gamecard in the slot? Is that normal?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if you only have a single switch, this method useless.
No because you can download the 5.1 update yourself then extract it from your NAND either by dumping it or using memloader.
So I added the line kip1patch=nogc to my Hekate_ipl.ini in the bootloader folder on my SD card, but when I boot CFW through Hekate, the Switch still recognizes a gamecard in the slot? Is that normal?
If you're on a firmware below 4.0, it should still read your cartridges. If you're on a firmware above 4.0, your cartridge slot may have already been updated.

Reactions: Erol

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you're below 4.0.0 then yes, if you're at 4.0.0 or above then no and it means your card reader has been updated unfortunately.

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No because you can download the 5.1 update yourself then extract it from your NAND either by dumping it or using memloader.
If you're on a firmware below 4.0, it should still read your cartridges. If you're on a firmware above 4.0, your cartridge slot may have already been updated.

So if I get a "The game card could not be read" I'm good?

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If its on a firmware above 4.0, then yes. If its on a firmware below 4.0, its not.

I updated to 5.1 through Choidujournx and I get that error now. I added the nogc to the hekate_ipl file before updating...

Oh, and how would I go about turning my Switch completely off when AutoRCM is installed?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all those three methods require a PC to inject the payload to turn it completely off, are there no way of turning it off without a PC at hand?
No you can inject it from anything that supports sending payloads. In my testing I used a PC as it let me easily know if it was listed as an APX device or not after turning the console off.

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No you can inject it from anything that supports sending payloads. In my testing I used a PC as it let me easily know if it was listed as an APX device or not after turning the console off.

Sure, but you do need an external device to do it, if a trinket haven't been installed to do it internally? Kinda unfortunate if I'm going on a longer trip, and I don't have a device with be that can inject a payload :/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but you do need an external device to do it, if a trinket haven't been installed to do it internally? Kinda unfortunate if I'm going on a longer trip, and I don't have a device with be that can inject a payload :/
You can just use sleep mode instead of turning it off. The battery drain during sleep mode is very good and by good, I mean its very minimal.

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there.
Im a total noob. just got my switch with 3.0.0 fw. i already did a full backup.
now i want to update it to 4.1.0. and then add exfat support.
i followed the youtube video of this sthetix guy because i dont know how to get the update files and i am generally a bit overwhelmed.
i have an xci file of kirbie but i couldnt find out how to get the update files (used that patch.bat file but i need the right keys. dont know anything about keys)
so i downloaded the update files that guy posted below his video.
But the main problem right now is, that i cannot start ChoiDujourNX. I used the SDFiles from tumger and hekate. Should i use CTCaer hekate or rajkosto? Rajkosto hekate tells me i dont have hekate.ini but i can continue why using default launch option when trying to launch cfw.
Anyway i dont even know if i really launch a custom firmware(should it be reinx? is that the on wich is included in the SDFiles)
when the cfw starts and i want to start the homebrewmenu(r+ album) nothing happens just normal album starts. So it doesnt work at all.
Next Try with sx os(1.9): Start Sx os with sx pro dongle. tried to open ChoiDujourNX with integrated homebrew loader: Error Code 2162-0002 switch needs reboot. same error when using hbmenu.
Does this belong to the first Question in the FAQ? if yes how to solve it? where to put the linked files?(there is an atmosphere folder but im using sx os)
So i cannot open ChoiDujourNX at all. Maybe using SX os for that isnt the best option anyway.
So why is there no homebrew launcher using hekate? where is my mistake?
Pls dont be too harsh if noob questions.
yes, it's the first FAQ thing. SX doesn't support it, gotta use hekate.

ciariello

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I have a question ...
I did the console upgrade from fw 4.1.0 to 5.1.0 to enable exFAT support with ChoiDujourNX leaving the autoRCM enabled.

Before I did a total dump of the nand (raw + boot0 + boot1) of version 4.1.0

Everything good but....

But now when I put the Switch on the dock totally OFF the LED flashes and the Switch does not turn on automatically and does not start automatically even if you plug the power supply directly into the USB-C port

I disabled the autoRCM with Brikmii v2, formatted the console but the problem remains.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

sitangkai

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hi, im in the process of updating 4.1 to 5.1, but everytime i choose CFW .nothing shows up in the album ,wherein i have to choose firmware to install

Last edited by sitangkai,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
In the next update maybe we can have the ability to choose whether we want the hekate_ipl.ini to be modified or not. I have my .ini just the way I want it but whenever I will use choi to update I'll have to back up my .ini first before using choi, then restore it back after updating.

drinkmycoconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I would like to ask a question,
My switch is currently on 3.0.0 and I would like to update to 5.1.0 without burning the fuses
but since i am using SX os which does not support ChoiDujourNX I will have to do it through another cfw.
So say once I use atmosphere and update to 5.1.0 along with my GC firmware,
if I boot through SX os will it burn my GC fuses?

Last edited by drinkmycoconut,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1