Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Regarding to the new Rajkosto hekate_ipl.ini file, the [PreventGCUpdate] is a stock firmware. If you launch a CFW from your previous .ini file, HBmenu will be accessible via the Album.
As your GCU is already updated, you don't need the nogc configuration.
Your best choice for now seems to download the RajNX starter pack to be sure.
My game cart slot never got updated. Yeah that RajNX pack is great.

golgoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The debug svcs are not accessible to homebrew on your system. Either update your hbloader (from the release here) or add fullsvcperm=1 to your hekate launch profile.
Pardon me, but can someone explain me (or link a tutorial) how can i update hbloader? I'm on SX OS 1.4 and if i try to install the nsp provided on github i still get a black screen when loading ChoiDojourNX.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i think hbloader is always hardcoded in SXOS.
However, you should be able to launch arbitrary payloads from SD. So extract tomGER's SD files or RajNX pack to SD and launch "CFW" that way.

MartiBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WARNING TO SX DONGLE USERS : The dongle does not boot on its own bootloader at each time once AutoRCM has been activated by ChoiDuJour, it randomly boots on SX OS without any notice !
And as you know, SX OS will not prevent the update of the game cart.

EDIT : ALWAYS PRESS VOL+ WHEN YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO BOOT WITH SX DONGLE. If not, it will boot on SX OS and your gamecart will be updated.

I'm now back to 3.0.0 and my gamecart reader has been updated and is no longer usable in this firmware.

Last edited by MartiBot,

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hekate will also boot stock if you dont have a microsd in or the ini file is missing... which is something ill correct soon enough I guess, for safety

MartiBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hekate will also boot stock if you dont have a microsd in or the ini file is missing... which is something ill correct soon enough I guess, for safety

I think that I found my mistake, SX dongle needs the VOL+ button to be pressed when AutoRCM is enabled. Is it the case with all the others solutions ?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, none of them care or behave differently if AutoRCM is enabled or not. Hekate has autoboot but you explicitly change that in the ini

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 4.1 FW. If I install exfat support using a propor file for this FW, any fuses will be burned? (If I don't use AutoRCM)

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the point using the old firmware of the game cart as you probably won't use any physical cart anymore once the console is hacked ?
Personaly, I hacked my second switch only to play backups on SD card / nand, no real Cartridge.

Last edited by alucard_xs,

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a second Switch trying to update it to exFAT from the other switch backup files that have exFAT and both at 4.1. What file/s are needed for this update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)