Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup thats why we have to disable it when going 4.0+ so if we do go back card slot will still work on our older firmwares.

Check the op of this thread has some good info and the other one with the long steps.
So you mean that, as I did not burned my efuses going from 2.3.0 to 5.1.0, my card slot would still work if I decide to go back to 2.3.0 ?

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@alucard_xs Yeah as long as you dont let 5.1.0 update ya card slot everything will be fine.

Thanks for the great guide and work raj much appreciated! Managed to do it all fine just then, now just hope my NAND backup was a good dump or else im doomed lol(had to use a file joiner to join the 15 split parts),

Also so when turning the switch off even if i hold power down for 12secs im always gonna get autorcm on boot? im just worried that it will boot normally for some reason and burn my fuses lol.

Now stuck with a 5.1.0 switch with no way to play my legit carts haha.

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks for this! I used this to upgrade from 4.1 to 5.1. I got the firmware file from xbin. When I ran this it showed me two options, 5.1.0 or 5.1.0 Exfat. I selected the Exfat option. I have checked my fuses and still only 5 burned, so it's all good. I am able to boot 5.1.0. A 64GB exfat sd card is detected, but when I open the homebrew menu it says there's no homebrew, I do have a switch directory in the root of the sd card, actually if I boot with a fat sd card this works fine. Did I pick the wrong option? Should I restore my nand and start again?

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah i went from 1.0.0 to 5.1.0 and just noticed my homebrew menu also doesnt work.

Wonder what we should do to fix this?

Edit: I also chose the exfat option, my card was formatted as fat32.

Last edited by shano,

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i went from 1.0.0 to 5.1.0 and just noticed my homebrew menu also doesnt work.
Reinstall your "CFW" files (while doing appropriate mods for nogc if required)

So you mean that, as I did not burned my efuses going from 2.3.0 to 5.1.0, my card slot would still work if I decide to go back to 2.3.0 ?

No, they are separate. You can have un-burned fuses but upgraded gamecart controller firmware and vice versa.

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, they are separate. You can have un-burned fuses but upgraded gamecart controller firmware and vice versa.

Thanks again for this!

Was it ok to pick 5.1.0 exfat? I noticed that if I keep my old "Nintendo" directory from my fat sd card I will get an error and the card will get reformatted. If I don't have a Nintendo directory the card is detected but nothing shows up in the homebrew channel.

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Im kinda confused on the "reinstall your cfw files" part, what do i need to reinstall? sorry for all the questions. And should i backup my sd and change it to exfat and then copy my files back over or no?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Some "CFW" files are dependent on firmware version you have, so you will have to reinstall them after you change firmware version.

MartiBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can use whatever hekate boot config you like as long as you add the antigc update kernel patch to it.

Thank you ! Oh I see, the difference between this new PreventGCupdate configuration and the others is the "loader.kip", which is relative to the loader.nsp (=HBmenu) ?

Last edited by MartiBot,

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wonder what we should do to fix this?

Edit: I also chose the exfat option, my card was formatted as fat32.
Not sure if this will fix your issue, but it fixed mine. I booted hekate and selected tools and clear archive bit. After that homebrew shows up on exfat sd card

MartiBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, just kip1patch=nogc

Sorry for my misunderstanding, as my HBmenu is not accessible from Gallery, I consider two possibilities :
1. The .ini configuration needs the « loader.kip » ?
2. My hbmenu.nro needs in fact to be at the root of my SD (instead of switch folder) ?

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure if this will fix your issue, but it fixed mine. I booted hekate and selected tools and clear archive bit. After that homebrew shows up on exfat sd card
Im too scared to change anything since i dont want my cart being unusable when going back to low firmware.

This is all i have in the ini atm used to have a good amount of loader options:
[config]
autoboot=0
bootwait=3
customlogo=0
verification=2
[stock_DANGEROUS]
[PreventGCUpdate]
kip1patch=nogc

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im too scared to change anything since i dont want my cart being unusable when going back to low firmware.

[config]
autoboot=0
bootwait=3
customlogo=0
verification=2
[stock_DANGEROUS]
[PreventGCUpdate]
kip1patch=nogc

You don't need to change hekate_ipl.ini. In the main menu in hekate there's "Tools" select that. Under Misc there is an option that says "Unset archive bit" after I did that homebrew channel worked fine.

Reactions: shano

Yeabuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this. I just updated from 5.1.0 to 5.10 exfat. I only suggest appending the new configuration to the existing hekate_ipl.ini instead of creating a new one. The .bak is available so I did this manually since I have a custom configuration.

MartiBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

[config]
autoboot=0
bootwait=3
customlogo=0
verification=2
[stock_DANGEROUS]
[PreventGCUpdate]
kip1patch=nogc

Regarding to the new Rajkosto hekate_ipl.ini file, the [PreventGCUpdate] is a stock firmware. If you launch a CFW from your previous .ini file, HBmenu will be accessible via the Album.
As your GCU is already updated, you don't need the nogc configuration.
Your best choice for now seems to download the RajNX starter pack to be sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast