Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does it crash my switch everytime i run it?
i just get a black screen with backlight and no error message or anything

im running sx os and on the latest firm

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turn off your switch fully and start it up again ? SXOS should definitely work unless they messed something up recently, no "cust_data" needs to be fixed anymore (it is already correct)

Reactions: Andalitez

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn off your switch fully and start it up again ? SXOS should definitely work unless they messed something up recently, no "cust_data" needs to be fixed anymore (it is already correct)

maybe my 400gb microsd card is the problem?

i tried with both hekate and sx os
all other homebrew work

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It works if you boot via hekate ? This is what you should test out first ([stock] launch profile unless you need to protect GC controller firmware from updates)

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, it's not POST firmware upgrade, its just you not being able to run the homebrew.
Read the FAQ FIRST QUESTION then.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Excuse me, but how did you manage to extract the update files?

I got them from someone on discord who get them at xbins, so I didn't actually extract them. Do you have a pending update on your Switch? If so, you have them on your SD card.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since SXOS hardcodes the hbloader they use... there's no way of launching this (or any other homebrew that require debugging svcs) until they change that.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since SXOS hardcodes the hbloader they use... there's no way of launching this (or any other homebrew that require debugging svcs) until they change that.
im cool with that
i have no use for this right now , and when i do ill just boot up hekate

thanks for this

mawile1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
when i launch cfw by hekate_fspatches_v3.bin it says requested patch 'nogc' not applied,what's wrong with that?

Attachments

• DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    786.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 20180802094031.png
    20180802094031.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: GeraltOfRivia

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
remove the explicit kip1=FS_510_exfat.kip1 line.
having pre-patched kip1s in your ini is no longer desirable with kip1patch capable hekate, since it could do things like make you not boot due to mismatching firmware version (when you change the firmware youre running).

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not all that it is, or you wouldn't have gotten that error (using exfat kips instead of normal kips is explicitly supported by the kip1patch system). Get the exfat FS kip1 again, properly this time.
(alternatively just flash the 5.1.0 exfat BCPKG2 to your nand to get exfat even without hekate, so you dont need to load the FS_510_exfat.kip1 separately)

rfg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I updated from 4.1 to the latest using ChoixDujourNX and I noticed my hetake.ini was overwritten. After that I deleted everything from my SD and I got the latest version files from /tumGER/SDFilesSwitch (version 6.1). When I load CFW + Signature patch and when I try to enter a backup game it says "The software was closed because an error occurred.". Any solution for that? Thank you for your amazing work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong