1. NicholeMattera

OP NicholeMattera Developer
    Developer

United States
    Built on top of MVG's port of Chocolate DOOM this will manage all of your DOOM games in one place. Also allows for the ability to run mods. Simply drop the release on to your SD card and place all your IWADs and PWADs into the "wads" directory. Check out the Mods.zip file in the release for some example mod files. Included is a copy of DOOM Shareware.

[​IMG]

v1.1.0
    • Main screen now lists both base games (IWADS) and mods (Defined by INI files).
    • Better support for mods!
      • All dehacked (DEH) files now go into the ./dehs folder.
      • All WAD files including PWADS go into the ./wads folder.
      • All INI files go into the ./mods folder. Examples of these INI files can be found in the Mods.zip file in the release. These INI files are text files that define the mod and the arguments that should be ran with Chocolate Doom NX. Supported arguments are: aa, af, as, deh, file, merge, and nwtmerge (More information about these arguments can be found here)
    • Each game (including mods) will now have it's own save game directory.
    • Will now pass the -launcher parameter to Chocolate Doom NX, so it will now quit back to Chocolate Doom Launcher.
    • Added the ability to update both Chocolate Doom Launcher and Chocolate Doom NX from within the launcher. With an internet connection, open Chocolate Doom Launcher and press Y on the main screen to check for updates.
    • Added Hacx to the list of detectable IWADS.
    • Fixed a bug where Chocolate Doom NX was running with the root of the SD card as it's current working directory.
      • Old config files will be deleted from the root of the SD Card, and save games will be moved to the correct location.

v1.0.0
    • Initial Release!
    • Built on top of @lantus awesome port of Chocolate DOOM to the Switch.
    • Comes with a version of Chocolate DOOM built with 9.x support.
    • Ability to select an IWAD to play with support for:
      • DOOM Registered
      • DOOM Shareware
      • The Ultimate DOOM
      • DOOM 2: Hell on Earth
      • DOOM 2: Plutonia
      • DOOM 2: TNT - Evilution
      • Freedoom: Phase 1
      • Freedoom: Phase 2
      • FreeDM
    • Also include the ability to select a PWAD for mods. If the PWAD comes with a DEH file it will automatically apply it if it has the same name as the PWAD.

Download: https://github.com/NicholeMattera/Chocolate-Doom-Launcher/releases/latest
    Support: https://ko-fi.com/nicholemattera

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  2. octopus

octopus Custom Title

Somalia
    Nice work.
    Controls configurator would come in handy. Though I'm sure everyone can't get enough of that sweet tank movement.

NicholeMattera likes this.
  3. NicholeMattera

Developer

United States
    Great idea! This should technically be possible; I will add it to the list of feature requests.

4. DieHardjagged

DieHardjagged Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Works good so far, but i really miss the option to be able to switch between weapons.
    I guess that will be added with another update.

5. NicholeMattera

Developer

United States
    Re-download it. I was just made aware of that bug by someone else and just silently updated it. Currently working on another update. ;)

6. DieHardjagged

DieHardjagged Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Thanks, now it works.

7. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    @NicholeMattera Excellent Doom wad Launcher. I am currently using version 1.1.0 and my Wolfendoom Mods are running without problems. But Sigil is suddenly terminated after a short playing time. What could be the reason for that? Also an option for fast scrolling through the list of titles would be desirable. Thanks a lot for this great homebrew.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  8. NicholeMattera

Developer

United States
    Looks like Sigil even the compat version isn't fully supported with Chocolate Doom. It uses far too many visplanes for the original source code to handle. (Hard limit of 128.) However I've built a version that doubles that to 256, and was able to play through the first level.

I will add an issue on to my Github to support fast scrolling through the list. ;)

Attached Files:

Muxi likes this.
  9. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Sigil seems to run fine with this linked build above, as I have seen so far. Is this build also included in the current package on your github?

10. NicholeMattera

Developer

United States
    No I'm debating on what I should do with this. I might check out Crispy Doom, which is a fork of Chocolate Doom. ;)

11. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Ahh, you mean this one?

Crispy Doom is a friendly fork of Chocolate Doom that provides a higher display resolution, removes the static limits of the Doom engine and offers further optional visual, tactical and physical enhancements while remaining entirely config file, savegame, netplay and demo compatible with the original.

12. NicholeMattera

Developer

United States
    Yep that is the one. Just need to bring all my changes over to their codebase and get it to compile for the Switch. ;) Looks like they are planning for Widescreen support in version 5.7 too.

Muxi likes this.
  13. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I am full of expectation and curious to see what the result will be. Some of my mods do not run under the current version of Chocolate Doom. Maybe Crispy Doom makes this possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chocolate, Chocolate, Launcher