Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, it was indeed a problem with the preview.png file. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Is there a file size limit for the .ogg preview files?
No problem! I use this as template for the preview by placing the screenshots over the black spaces:
preview_template.png

Also I'm not sure about .ogg file constraints, but I've had them close to 10MB.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Ah yes, it was indeed a problem with the preview.png file. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Is there a file size limit for the .ogg preview files?

WAV equivalent of OGG file must be max 50-55 MB for Mono file and max 25-30 MB for Stereo file.
(I seen right now that i've not used streaming feature on CHMM don't know why, i'll fix this restriction in next release)

Reactions: MassiveRican

Cerzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using emunand 9.0 on a N3DS, and using v1.5, I still had the same issue as others. Started up the cia, it loaded up the instructions screen, but the top screen stayed entirely blank, and hitting power didn't start it up. I had to hold down power to shut down then had emunand stuck on a black screen until deleting the home menu data (in my case 000002ce). I didn't even get the chance to actually install any themes.
I deleted a heap of themes and tried again, and this time the themes list loaded, but no sound plays in any previews. After then figuring out that I needed to load the themes menu again to actually install them (seriously, why isn't that in the OP?), they finally worked.
So this post is basically to point out the initial freeze and the lack of sound preview.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Using emunand 9.0 on a N3DS, and using v1.5, I still had the same issue as others. Started up the cia, it loaded up the instructions screen, but the top screen stayed entirely blank, and hitting power didn't start it up. I had to hold down power to shut down then had emunand stuck on a black screen until deleting the home menu data (in my case 000002ce). I didn't even get the chance to actually install any themes.
I deleted a heap of themes and tried again, and this time the themes list loaded, but no sound plays in any previews. After then figuring out that I needed to load the themes menu again to actually install them (seriously, why isn't that in the OP?), they finally worked.
So this post is basically to point out the initial freeze and the lack of sound preview.

Lack of sound it's themes maker fault, not mine :D

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I was of course referring to themes with sound. Once installed the sound plays fine in the home menu. It simply doesn't play in the preview.

I know, and i repeat that's not my fault but theme makers fault.

From OP post:
BGM Previews: sdmc:/3DS/CHMM/Themes/MyThemeName/BGM.ogg

diveman

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have an issue where it says it cannot access extdata. I read you can fix this by selecting a theme, but because my CFW does not allow upgrading (the home+ wrench icon does not appear) I can't do that. Does it mean I cannot use this program? thx

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I have an issue where it says it cannot access extdata. I read you can fix this by selecting a theme, but because my CFW does not allow upgrading (the home+ wrench icon does not appear) I can't do that. Does it mean I cannot use this program? thx

What firmware are you using?
If you are on 9.0+ you should be able to access to official theme selection which is used to setup extdata archive for themes.

A7MAD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I used it fine the other day ,but I redone my gateway and now it gives me error ""string"" ... any possible solution ?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Just tried it and have a lot of questions.
Why do some theme previews display both on upper and bottom screen while others only on upper?
What is the difference between 1.4 and 1.4 LITE?
Should I use 1.5 or is there any reason for using 1.4 LITE?
Is there a changelog?
Sorry I'm just curious... :)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Just tried it and have a lot of questions.
Why do some theme previews display both on upper and bottom screen while others only on upper?
What is the difference between 1.4 and 1.4 LITE?
Should I use 1.5 or is there any reason for using 1.4 LITE?
Is there a changelog?
Sorry I'm just curious... :)

1) It depends on how theme makers provided their previews
2) v.1.4 LITE doesn't have HomeMenu auto-restarter feature cause it seems caused lot of issues
3) Obviously v.1.5 is better version
4) Changelogs can be found on this topic whenever i release the new version.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
1) It depends on how theme makers provided their previews
2) v.1.4 LITE doesn't have HomeMenu auto-restarter feature cause it seems caused lot of issues
3) Obviously v.1.5 is better version
4) Changelogs can be found on this topic whenever i release the new version.
Thanks! About the previews I mean that some themes' previews are only displayed on upper screen and scrollable to see the bottom screen (but it's still displayed on the upper one). And some themes' previews appear on the upper and bottom screen simultaneously.
EDIT: Found it! If the filename is preview.png it's on upper screen only and scrollable.
However, if it's Preview.png it's on both screens simultaneously.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't install any custom theme :(

I have rxTools 3.0-b8 and installed CHMM 1.5 , added 3 themes , when I try to install them I get this error on each one:

"Error: [string "?"]:81: error writing file

Press A to restart
Press B to exit."

I just have the Body_LZ.bin and the Preview.png in the themes folders.

Please does anyone can help me?

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me? I don't know how to use this, I have Gateway with emuNAND setup.

Installed CHMM cia file, copied the themes to my N3DS micro SD card "Themes" directory and it just hangs with a black screen.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I can't install any custom theme :(

I have rxTools 3.0-b8 and installed CHMM 1.5 , added 3 themes , when I try to install them I get this error on each one:

"Error: [string "?"]:81: error writing file

Press A to restart
Press B to exit."

I just have the Body_LZ.bin and the Preview.png in the themes folders.

Please does anyone can help me?
Make sure you select a default, non-DLC theme before applying custom themes! ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh