Hacking chipping the PAL wii

woody0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iv recently had my 360 flashed, and currently have a fully working R4DS, the person who flashed my 360 said he can get my wii chipped for £40 with 3 games, but i dont know what chip he uses, he said it has something to do with the age of the wii, and mine came in the first batch for the UK, can anyone tell me which chip it is that he uses?

he also says that it does get rid of the region lock, but it doesnt always work as it starts to download updates for the games from a US server and because its PAL it goes into an endless cycle and to stop this i should download the updates to my computer, write to disc and put that in my wii to update it, but is that even possible?

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just ask him what drive chip he is using and check the reviews and posts in the GBAtemp forums. If he's not doing it for free, he has to tell you all the details... Customer's always right.
lecture.gif

woody0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeh i suppose i could use just PAL games, but some games are released in america and not the UK so i would like to try those, but i suppose i should only use PAL games to make sure i dont brick it

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That update thing is utter bullshit, the only way to brick it is to install update from game discs that aren't your region. Just brickblock everything and you should be fine.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ask what chip it is and if its a cyclowiz or wiikey thats good. also the you dont need to brickblock all games just check here and follow the instructions for each game

woody0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok, so which program would be best for me as im running windows XP and il ask him on saturday if i can as im going to get me some 360 games off of him then

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ask what chip it is and if its a cyclowiz or wiikey thats good. also the you dont need to brickblock all games just check here and follow the instructions for each game
It rarely hurts to brickblock though, so when in doubt, just brickblock and keep a unbrickblocked ISO which you can later burn onto a DVD RW in case you DO need the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr