Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Friend bought an AceKard 2i from GameKool.com recently.
When he puts it into his DS Lite, it freezes on the DS Menu. He has tried the paper trick, tried different DS' and it still does the same.
I suggested he try to do the Firmware update for 1.4.1, and it showed the information as follows: CHIP ID: bc161dc0 HW: 8181

He hasn't done the update yet, I wanted to ask on the forums first.

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
HWIDs

You can find out the HWID of your Acekard from within AKAIO by pressing (start) >> more >> help. You can also find out your HWID by using the firmware update tool, this will repeat the numbers twice. ie: HWID 80 in AKAIO will be reported as 8080 by the firmware update tool.

What are the HWID's of the different Acekard builds?

AK2 Green PCB pre-FAT/FAT error - HWID 40
AK2 Green PCB *fixed* FAT error - HWID 41
AK2 Green PCB, windowed CPU, FAT fix and a 2.1 sticker - HWID 41
AK2.1 Light/Dark Green PCB - HWID 80
AK2.1 Black PCB - HWID 80
AK2.1 Blue PCB - HWID 80
AK2i Black PCB - HWID 44
AK2i Yellow/Black PCB - HWID 81

thats coming from the AKAIO wiki

so if it meets the PCB color with that HWID then its a genuine card according to the wiki

could be a defective card
could be a bad flash

im sure there are other things...maybe someone with a little more knowledge could help ya out....but my opinion would be to try and get it replaced with another

C

croagunk.master

twiztidsinz said:
Friend bought an AceKard 2i from GameKool.com recently.
When he puts it into his DS Lite, it freezes on the DS Menu. He has tried the paper trick, tried different DS' and it still does the same.
I suggested he try to do the Firmware update for 1.4.1, and it showed the information as follows: CHIP ID: bc161dc0 HW: 8181

He hasn't done the update yet, I wanted to ask on the forums first.

Go ahead with the flash. Get a DS Lite or a DSi below 1.4.1 and flash it. Should work after that.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Freek said:
so if it meets the PCB color with that HWID then its a genuine card according to the wiki

could be a bad flash

im sure there are other things...maybe someone with a little more knowledge could help ya out....but my opinion would be to try and get it replaced with anotherI know about the HWIDs... It's the ChipID that threw me off. It's supposed to be 2 bytes (mine is 0fc2 for example), while his is 4.
GameKool is closed til the 11th, so he can't get a response for a refund/replacement til then. I was just hoping to get some info before proceeding with an attempt at flashing just in case there was someone who had the same problem before.

QUOTE(croagunk.master @ Feb 10 2011, 10:46 AM) Go ahead with the flash. Get a DS Lite or a DSi below 1.4.1 and flash it. Should work after that.
Tried to flash, just sits at 0%.

C

croagunk.master

twiztidsinz said:
Freek said:

could be a bad flash

im sure there are other things...maybe someone with a little more knowledge could help ya out....but my opinion would be to try and get it replaced with anotherI know about the HWIDs... It's the ChipID that threw me off. It's supposed to be 2 bytes (mine is 0fc2 for example), while his is 4.
GameKool is closed til the 11th, so he can't get a response for a refund/replacement til then. I was just hoping to get some info before proceeding with an attempt at flashing just in case there was someone who had the same problem before.

QUOTE(croagunk.master @ Feb 10 2011, 10:46 AM) Go ahead with the flash. Get a DS Lite or a DSi below 1.4.1 and flash it. Should work after that.
Tried to flash, just sits at 0%.

Have you tried using a different micro sd? Also, try formatting your micro sd with Panasonic sd formatter. It may work after that. If not, it's either a bad sd or a bad cart.
Also, your original post says that it freezes on the DS menu in a ds lite. So my question is, how are you flashing it?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The SD card isn't a factor, the DS freezes during the Health & Safety screen, with or without an SD in the AK2i.
As for 'how does he flash', he's got an M3 Real that he wanted to replace with the AceKard2i.

C

croagunk.master

twiztidsinz said:
The SD card isn't a factor, the DS freezes during the Health & Safety screen, with or without an SD in the AK2i.
As for 'how does he flash', he's got an M3 Real that he wanted to replace with the AceKard2i.

Erm what? How is he using an M3 Real to flash an Acekard2i?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
croagunk.master said:
twiztidsinz said:

..... seriously? It's basic unbricking.

The AceKard2i firmware updater comes in two files... DSi and DSL.
Because the DSi cannot eject the card without returning to the menu, the DSi version flashes the card it is run from, while the DSL version (for DSLite/'Phat') gives you the option to swap your card before flashing and allows for flashing multiple cards, or in this case, attempt to unbrick a card by running the update from a working card then swapping in the AceKard2i.

C

croagunk.master

twiztidsinz said:
croagunk.master said:
twiztidsinz said:

..... seriously? It's basic unbricking.

The AceKard2i firmware updater comes in two files... DSi and DSL.
Because the DSi cannot eject the card without returning to the menu, the DSi version flashes the card it is run from, while the DSL version (for DSLite/'Phat') gives you the option to swap your card before flashing and allows for flashing multiple cards, or in this case, attempt to unbrick a card by running the update from a working card then swapping in the AceKard2i.

See the troubleshooting section here: http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard?
It has your question there.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?i5iacikw9nbpei5
Try running the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds file on your DS Lite. The n00b guide says that the updater getting stuck at 0% was a known error but was fixed later. The mediafire link is for the fixed updater. Use it and tell me if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-