chicken type dsi photo hack?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by psphacker, Oct 18, 2009.

Oct 18, 2009
  1. psphacker
    OP

Newcomer psphacker Newbie

United States
    i have a psp and use chicken and then a flasher to hack the fimrware i was wondering if someone had the time and knew how they chould mabey make chicken for dsi then leading in to dsi cfw, sort of like psp !!!!!!!!!!! any help, hacking, anything whould mean a lot, thanks

2. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Nintendo DSi isn't hacked yet, so they will hack the DSi when it's ready. But for you, that's a wonderful idea to hack the DSi.

3. psphacker
    OP

United States
    do you realy think its a good idea to have a chicken type dsi photo hack? it might be hard due to the fact that the dsi cant add pics of your own, u got to take them ( witch sucks) they just need a game that gose a flashcart then when you play it, it will crash and hack the dsi (like psp)

4. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Yes. I know how hard it is get a ChickHEN-like DSi hack.

5. psphacker
    OP

United States
    yea, lols it whould be cool tho

6. ShadowEO

Member ShadowEO GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's a couple things wrong with your PSP->DS logic, There's never really been CFW for the DS, it's just been a hacked version of the original f/w that introduces small things like removing the RSA check on Download Play and removing the H/S warning at the beginning or that weird Nitro F/W. As for a possible ChickHEN on the DSi, Nintendo might actually be learning from Sony's "mistakes" and not use the same libraries, otherwise there might have been a usable libtiff Buffer Overflow exploit already. Love your enthusiasm though.

7. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    One of the points why the PSP got the HEN overflow thing was because the liberty SONY gave to the users, liberty to have music, photos an video. Nintendo learned from that and restricted the options to the users, makin the music AC3 compatible (ITUNES????) and the photos only usable those in the camera. I think the first step is to actually be able to show a custom photo in the album, not thinking over an stack overflow in the FW.

8. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Chicken, yummmmm...

9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    @ShadowEO arguably that is what the CFW stuff is all about; use a given version number as a baseline and adapt it.
    Also there have been a few truly custom firmwares for the DS in the form of the basic one Loopy made around the same time as the first rounds of flashme, FWnitro and creebome.

@OP I am sure we would all love a menu level exploit but even if we did that would only be half the battle.

10. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    It's called ChIckHEN not Chicken >_> And why would we need CFW on DS, only thing it would be good for would be loading stuff off SD.

11. kennypu

Member kennypu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    this is false, i've put on my own images through the SD card onto the DSi. unless i am imagining things.

12. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    What he is talking about is to add the photos to the album and view them in the DSi ware app.

13. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    dude if the dsi had a CFW we would be abvle to load homebrew off te sd card then sombody on the temp would make and app the that lets you boot nds roms so then no more flash cards

14. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Baak, baak, baak! [​IMG] And before you go asking, yes that was necessary! [​IMG]

Edit: Whoa....major bump. Sorry!