Homebrew chicken type dsi photo hack?

psphacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a psp and use chicken and then a flasher to hack the fimrware i was wondering if someone had the time and knew how they chould mabey make chicken for dsi then leading in to dsi cfw, sort of like psp !!!!!!!!!!! any help, hacking, anything whould mean a lot, thanks

psphacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
Nintendo DSi isn't hacked yet, so they will hack the DSi when it's ready. But for you, that's a wonderful idea to hack the DSi.

do you realy think its a good idea to have a chicken type dsi photo hack? it might be hard due to the fact that the dsi cant add pics of your own, u got to take them ( witch sucks) they just need a game that gose a flashcart then when you play it, it will crash and hack the dsi (like psp)

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
psphacker said:
do you realy think its a good idea to have a chicken type dsi photo hack? it might be hard due to the fact that the dsi cant add pics of your own, u got to take them ( witch sucks) they just need a game that gose a flashcart then when you play it, it will crash and hack the dsi (like psp)
Yes. I know how hard it is get a ChickHEN-like DSi hack.

psphacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
psphacker said:
Yes. I know how hard it is get a ChickHEN-like DSi hack.

yea, lols it whould be cool tho

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a couple things wrong with your PSP->DS logic, There's never really been CFW for the DS, it's just been a hacked version of the original f/w that introduces small things like removing the RSA check on Download Play and removing the H/S warning at the beginning or that weird Nitro F/W. As for a possible ChickHEN on the DSi, Nintendo might actually be learning from Sony's "mistakes" and not use the same libraries, otherwise there might have been a usable libtiff Buffer Overflow exploit already. Love your enthusiasm though.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
One of the points why the PSP got the HEN overflow thing was because the liberty SONY gave to the users, liberty to have music, photos an video. Nintendo learned from that and restricted the options to the users, makin the music AC3 compatible (ITUNES????) and the photos only usable those in the camera. I think the first step is to actually be able to show a custom photo in the album, not thinking over an stack overflow in the FW.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ShadowEO arguably that is what the CFW stuff is all about; use a given version number as a baseline and adapt it.
Also there have been a few truly custom firmwares for the DS in the form of the basic one Loopy made around the same time as the first rounds of flashme, FWnitro and creebome.

@OP I am sure we would all love a menu level exploit but even if we did that would only be half the battle.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psphacker said:
antonkan said:
Nintendo DSi isn't hacked yet, so they will hack the DSi when it's ready. But for you, that's a wonderful idea to hack the DSi.

this is false, i've put on my own images through the SD card onto the DSi. unless i am imagining things.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
kennypu said:
psphacker said:
antonkan said:

this is false, i've put on my own images through the SD card onto the DSi. unless i am imagining things.

What he is talking about is to add the photos to the album and view them in the DSi ware app.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dude if the dsi had a CFW we would be abvle to load homebrew off te sd card then sombody on the temp would make and app the that lets you boot nds roms so then no more flash cards

D

Deleted_171835

Baak, baak, baak!
moogle.gif
And before you go asking, yes that was necessary!
biggrin.gif

Edit: Whoa....major bump. Sorry!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol