Homebrew Checkpoint saves restore as if it was a fresh save

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently rehacked my switch from scratch and tried to restore a save from EDIZON to CHECKPOINT. I restored the saves and it restores it as if the game has never been played before. File is not corrupted as I have restored from this save before when edizon was working. The save was created by Edizon, but I cannot use it on the latest Atmosphere as it crashes on launch.

I am on emuMMC firmware 12.0.2 on the latest Atmosphere
I have created a save on the game before importing the save
I have tried this on 4 different games, all seems to just reset the save data as if it was a fresh game
I am not running on Applet mode
I have tried JKSV, same result (maybe edizon saves are only compatible with itself? if anyone has a working version let me know)
Have tried the SciresM fork of Checkpoint, no luck

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried JKSV, same result (maybe edizon saves are only compatible with itself? if anyone has a working version let me know)
They should work. Are you just moving the folders over? If all else fails, you can use file mode and copy the save files directly manually with JKSV or use a couple text files to make JKSV read from Edizon's stuff and see if it works that way.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should work. Are you just moving the folders over? If all else fails, you can use file mode and copy the save files directly manually with JKSV or use a couple text files to make JKSV read from Edizon's stuff and see if it works that way.
I moved the folder that was created by edizon (the one with the title id 01000xxxx etc) inside the folders for the each game created by checkpoint.

The folder for edizon doesnt just contain a save file, but also has userdata.dat and edizon_save_metadata.json and other things which i assume could be a difference, but im not sure

EDIT: I have found it the problem, I just needed to take out the contents IN that folder

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
This may be bit of a stretch but are you using the regular Edizon? That one is outdated, there's Edizon SE and that's the one with new features, no crashes and such. I was fiddling with the regular Edizon, as if you google "Edizon", it brings up Edizon, not Edizon SE as the first result. Took a while for me to figure that out and got a lot of issues sorted.

Unless of course you're already using it and know this already, in that case I don't know much else personally.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be bit of a stretch but are you using the regular Edizon? That one is outdated, there's Edizon SE and that's the one with new features, no crashes and such. I was fiddling with the regular Edizon, as if you google "Edizon", it brings up Edizon, not Edizon SE as the first result. Took a while for me to figure that out and got a lot of issues sorted.

Unless of course you're already using it and know this already, in that case I don't know much else personally.
thank you this is what i was looking for, and yes i was using the googled version

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1