Status
Not open for further replies.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update: This thread is obsolete now because @EventAssistant created an official release thread. Please head there for updates and support.

BernardoGiordano just released the popular savegame manager known from the 3DS for the Switch.
3.0.0 only for now! (according to @Scarlet working on 2.3.0 as well)

https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

You need the touch screen to work with it so no docked mode for now.

Important:
Don't spam this thread with bug reports. Compatibility for other firmwares is being worked on at least when Atmosphère is out so be patient.
If you find a bug, report it here: https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/issues
I'm not the dev, just the thread opener. If you want your bugs to get noticed, post them as github issues so the dev of Checkpoint is able to keep track of them.

Screenshots:
lqG5KVa.jpg

5hvjTLr.jpg

HGhA7pe.jpg

SAnooqg.jpg

FGnVQ1G.jpg

As some users reported, if you backup your Breath of the Wild save, you can edit it with the famous BotW Savegame Editor by Marc Robledo which now supports Switch savegames as well (no need to convert to a Wii U BotW save file first).

Credits: BernardoGiordano (gbatemp user @EventAssistant)

Last edited by lordelan,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will be great once it's ported to CFW, especially for Master Mode in BotW. I haven't beaten any of the beasts in Master Mode yet but have beaten Ganon. Unfortunately there's parts of the game locked behind beating the beasts, and I'd like to save my progress as a backup before moving ahead to get 100%.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will be great once it's ported to CFW, especially for Master Mode in BotW. I haven't beaten any of the beasts in Master Mode yet but have beaten Ganon. Unfortunately there's parts of the game locked behind beating the beasts, and I'd like to save my progress as a backup before moving ahead to get 100%.
Yep. As soon as CFW lets me buy and use the DLC + update I'll turn my save into a Master Mode save.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Nice! Now you won't have to worry about losing your cartridge!
uh, as far as I'm aware, saves aren't stored in the cartridge in the first place.

degel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does anyone know if this amazing tool can "copy" a savefile to another profile in the same Switch?

I spent 300+hrs. On XC2 with my brother and I don't feel like doing it again on my profile for NG+

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great news!
Does it do anything at all if you launch it using hekate-ipl + HBL on 5.0.2? (error message, showing data but not letting you copy it, crashing)
Will I test it when I arrive home today?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
There's already homebrew for 5.0.2 tho :thinking:
Even so, this specific tool doesn't seem to work on 5.0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Great news!
Does it do anything at all if you launch it using hekate-ipl + HBL on 5.0.2? (error message, showing data but not letting you copy it, crashing)
Will I test it when I arrive home today?
Will you?

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, does anyone know if this amazing tool can "copy" a savefile to another profile in the same Switch?

I spent 300+hrs. On XC2 with my brother and I don't feel like doing it again on my profile for NG+
It should work. It does the backups by adding the name.
You should at least be able to rename the save on PC to another user's name and restore it.

Edit: It would be better to backup saves from two different users and look on your PC how they look like. Should be easy to swap and restore them then.

Last edited by lordelan,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...