Homebrew Question Checkpoint 3.7.4 crashed on Atmosphere

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have issue with Checkpoint 3.7.4 on Atmos and they crashed when I scroll on game icons so I tried clean Atmos installation and didn’t resolve the error.

There is picture of error screen below.

Attachments

• B4321640-499D-4BA5-8D3D-362C6896581E.jpeg
    B4321640-499D-4BA5-8D3D-362C6896581E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 481

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of memory error.

Need to hold R and tap one of your games and access hbmenu in full ram.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is out of memory error.

You need to hold R and tap on one of your games for full ram

Reactions: whitesoulbk

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of memory error.

Need to hold R and tap one of your games and access hbmenu in full ram.

It is out of memory error.

You need to hold R and tap on one of your games for full ram

I tried to run Checkpoint in game but still got same problem.

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last released version of Checkpoint is over a year old. It's not currently compatible with the current versions of Atmosphere. You'll have to use an alternative (if there is one).

It looks like developer made Checkpoint as deprecated by stopped update.

JKSV is generally recommended for save backups and restores.

I use JKSV but I have one issue - they won't let me to type own name when back the game up, also disable auto-name won't help.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last released version of Checkpoint is over a year old. It's not currently compatible with the current versions of Atmosphere. You'll have to use an alternative (if there is one).

No problem here with Checkpoint on Atmosphere 0.17.1 and firmware 11.0.1 via both Applet and Full Ram mode.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like developer made Checkpoint as deprecated by stopped update.

I use JKSV but I have one issue - they won't let me to type own name when back the game up, also disable auto-name won't help.
Considering your issues with both Checkpoint and JKSV, I imagine there's an unknown problem with your setup or SD card.

JKSV works just fine.

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering your issues with both Checkpoint and JKSV, I imagine there's an unknown problem with your setup or SD card.

JKSV works just fine.

I used exactly same SD setup - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

There is NO crash in JKSV but they won't let me to type a own name when backing the game up and turned auto name off didn't help.

I'm getting frustrated with mysterious issues right now, even after clean Atmos installation.

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Primarily just for pokemon Sword and Shield, I don't run any sys module and Im also on FAT32.

I use FAT32 and don't think if I used sys module, beside Telsa overlay.

There is update...

1) Delete many of backup saves won't resolve the issue.

2) Delete certain game saves in NAND resolved most of issue so only 3 games caused Checkpoint to crash are Mario Kart 8, Luigi Mansion 3 and Mario Tennis Aces - in limited and full RAM.

JKSV works just fine.

I got great news - my issue with JKSV is resolved after I updated the JKSV so finally, I can input a own name when backing the game up.

Still have issue with Checkpoint - it looks like more of issue with certain saves in NAND - 3 games are culprit - Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion and Mario Tennis Aces - that caused Checkpoint to crash right after pan on their game icon.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No problem here with Checkpoint on Atmosphere 0.17.1 and firmware 11.0.1 via both Applet and Full Ram mode.

Huh? Last time I tried to use it, the interface didn't work because it was so out of date that the new HID handling of Atmosphere resulted in the UI not responding to any input from touchscreen or controllers.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
I've been using it without any kind of problem since may, updating HOS and Atmos pretty fast as soon as a new version of each one is out. Never had a single issue with Checkpoint.
His problem is that you need to close the game before using it while making sure there's actually some save data on the console that you can back-up.

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using it without any kind of problem since may, updating HOS and Atmos pretty fast as soon as a new version of each one is out. Never had a single issue with Checkpoint.
His problem is that you need to close the game before using it while making sure there's actually some save data on the console that you can back-up.

I already tried this - close game but still crash.

Checkpoint crash if you don't have save game

There are my saves already in Checkpoint for very long time before it start to have issue with crash.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
I already tried this - close game but still crash.
Yea, I didn't pay attention to the fact you uploaded a screenshot on the op. Sorry.

Are you using custom themes? You should go and delete the 010000000000100D folder inside atmosphere/content, that's where the NXThemes go and that usually bring problems

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I didn't pay attention to the fact you uploaded a screenshot on the op. Sorry.

Are you using custom themes? You should go and delete the 010000000000100D folder inside atmosphere/content, that's where the NXThemes go and that usually bring problems

No, I don't use custom theme and don't have this folder on my SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs