AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Blue.jpg
Red.jpg

What do you guys think of these two colors?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if it's just the renders, but the colours seem a bit strong to me. I get big tomato soup vibes from the red one, though maybe I'm just a bigger fan of more pastel things. Do you have any actual photos? Curious to know what they look like in person.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't know if it's just the renders, but the colours seem a bit strong to me. I get big tomato soup vibes from the red one, though maybe I'm just a bigger fan of more pastel things. Do you have any actual photos? Curious to know what they look like in person.
blue1.jpg
red1.jpg

Hello, please check it out. This is a random shot I took without using any photography skills.

Edit: But please notice that their backs are white. Please see our product link for details.(Or any Amazon store of your country search: AKNES)

Reactions: Ricken

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 401477View attachment 401478

Hello, please check it out. This is a random shot I took without using any photography skills.

Edit: But please notice that their backs are white. Please see our product link for details.(Or any Amazon store of your country search: AKNES)
Their backs are white? What?? That's so dumb! Although if they gave the red one a black rim, it could look like a Pokeball...

Reactions: impeeza and AKNES

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Their backs are white? What?? That's so dumb! Although if they gave the red one a black rim, it could look like a Pokeball...
The designers of 8BitDo followed the design of the Xbox controller more on this product. This may be a solution they are more comfortable with.
But your reaction taught me that in the future, We need to listen more to the voices of users in these aspects.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the colors are ok, but I don't love the thumbsticks being colored to match the body. I think they should use the secondary color (black in this case) to provide some even contrast. The Xbox Core controller did that correctly on the white model, for example, and it looks really clean and balanced as a result.

1698465020643.png

Reactions: AKNES

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's a huge diference between the two blue controllers, and it's not limited only to color tonality:

Blue.png

The first one looks as if was built using more quality in materials and details. I really like how this one looks, this is my preferred one.

blue1.png

The second one on the contrary, looks as if it were made of cheap plastics and very low quality materials and details. I would return it if that were the one I receive when buying.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I think the colors are ok, but I don't love the thumbsticks being colored to match the body. I think they should use the secondary color (black in this case) to provide some even contrast. The Xbox Core controller did that correctly on the white model, for example, and it looks really clean and balanced as a result.
I think your point is also helpful, the use of auxiliary colors.
Post automatically merged:

The second one on the contrary, looks as if it were made of cheap plastics and very low quality materials and details. I would return it if that were the one I receive when buying.
So you prefer something darker and with better texture, right?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Something with better production quality, yes. And yes, a darker blue (like in the first controller) is better for me.

The details make the diference.
I will say the photos do like like a really solid colour match to the actual blue Xbox Series controller, so I assume that’s what they were going for.

As an aside, having black sticks would really improve the look to me.

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's neat, but not having all the modes like direct input, x input, Android, etc. makes it a worse controller than the 8BitDo Pro 2 in my opinion

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I will say the photos do like like a really solid colour match to the actual blue Xbox Series controller, so I assume that’s what they were going for.

As an aside, having black sticks would really improve the look to me.
I agree with you on the black sticks aswell.

it's neat, but not having all the modes like direct input, x input, Android, etc. makes it a worse controller than the 8BitDo Pro 2 in my opinion
The button configuration is purely Nintendo based, so even though it supports Windows and SteamOS, it might be unnecesary to have more connectivity options.

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you on the black sticks aswell.

The button configuration is purely Nintendo based, so even though it supports Windows and SteamOS, it might be unnecesary to have more connectivity options.
that's uh. completely untrue lol. Just switch X/Y and B/A; there's absolutely no reason for that to get in the way

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
that's uh. completely untrue lol. Just switch X/Y and B/A; there's absolutely no reason for that to get in the way
Switching them physically is not always possible as buttons have some notches on them to avoid putting them on the wrong place. And even if you interchange them you would also need to configure the controller to change their scheme on console/games/emulators.

The notch on buttons thingy is true since the SNES controller era. (The best controller for 2D games in my opinion).

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switching them physically is not always possible as buttons have some notches on them to avoid putting them on the wrong place. And even if you interchange them you would also need to configure the controller to change their scheme on console/games/emulators.

The notch on buttons thingy is true since the SNES controller era. (The best controller for 2D games in my opinion).

I meant switch them mentally

it's not any real barrier to using them for non-Nintendo stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?