check my under development platform game.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
not a bad start, looking forward to how it progresses
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's awesome when people get going on projects like this, learning as they go with enough drive to stick to them (curse my short attention span!). Good for you
smile.gif

Leave out the word "release", it'll weed out the kiddies running in here expecting to find a new game to play rather than appreciating the behind-the-scenes stuff (maybe the phrase "check out" in the title isn't helping either
wink.gif
). With so much ready-to-go content and skilled users flying around people around here seem to have forgotten the testing grounds developers go through when they're first starting out.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thnx Psyfira, but if you see difference between dates of my *cough* releases *cough* you can see that I have a short attention span too, Do you know a solution for this?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
updated.
http://www.swfpages.com/files/5272408-06.swf

change log:
-fixed PeaCe's bug
-added Portals (teleportation)
-added you need to press up in order to go through doors, no more just walking through them
-added ladders (2 models)

---
If anyone is interested to drawing Background, Pixel Art spirites, music, sound FX, level design, concept art, etc, feel free to contribute/post since we are not far from starting the actual game.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

engine is from a tutorial HERE

I would be more impressed if you had manipulated the engine slightly, or changed some graphic a bit more.
I suggest considering your knowledge with actionscripting, download the later version of the finished engine and edit that actionscript and tiles to be what you want.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Your ladders go nowhere, it gets confused when you try to jump in the middle of walls
happy.gif
. And uh, yeah, would've been nice to link the tutorial at the beginning too.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
@Stump, its about 30% changed from the tutorial.

Mine does has facing, like the character faces left or right and also jump sprites with facing, also the door system in mine is completely re-written and teleportation doesn't exist in that tutorial too.

Also ladders (the second one that its thru blocks) is different from the tutorial.

Maybe I should've listen to Psyfira and just publish the last ones but whenever I accomplish and debug a section, I get so excited that keeping it from you guys gets inevitable, Maybe I should think about it again.

@Psyfira : the link was there as I recal but I think due to re-organizing index post, it got cleared and also whole source code is available to download via my blog.

@raul: thnx man.

EDIT:
Mine also has double jumping (which is not complete yet), If you see my source code you'll figure out differences.
I mainly use his tutorials to get concept of whats going on and try to bend it my way as much as I can.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Stump, its about 30% changed from the tutorial.

Not to be negative, i like the fact that you are making a project an all, but what you have done is no where near 30% changed from the tute. For starters most if not all the tiles are still the normal ones except for mario and that weird teleport thing.
Plus your still using the default doc size.
Sorry to be negative but i made a project originally based on this code and it looks nothing like the original tute. Plus you never mentioned in your earlier posts about the tute, because lets be honest they are REALLY similar.

At the moment you are still "playing" around tweaking someone else's work, not developing a game.
None the less good luck and i'd really like to see a finished product.

Negativity aside i have some constructive crit too.
-Maybe you should make it side scrolling
-Doc size should be more longer in width
-animate Mario better
-Implement new (custom) enemies
-sounds
-Make your own tiles sets

good luck and have fun

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
hey Stump, If you really did the tutorials (despite the bugs that it has and I'm gonna inform him about them), would you please correct my flash bugs?

I'm adding my own stuff into it but at some points, I'm really stuck.
see if you can answer some of these and I think you should know most of them since you said that you made a game by flash and also based on his tutorials.

1)How to add a textbox inside of flash and link a variable to it (obviously I dont want that textbox to be in the first frame)

2)how come in TonyPaa's tutorial's SWF files when I check the debug mode, in local variables, in front of "this" there is nothing but mine has all the variables (like the famous "game" object)

3)3)how to force flash to give warnings/stop compiling when a non defined variable/function/constant is used.

I still donno how to stop flash at typos and using invalid/not defined variables and constants, or atleast give warning about them and dont jump into final compiled code.
(i googled "player 2 standards" and only page that I found was this same page!)

4)How its possible to have fixed view at debug mode's variable list, like having a fixed Watch List since I have to spend alot of time adding stuff to watch list in debug mode.

5) how to double the size of output, like zoomed in. Dont want to change Document's setting, the actual exported should looked like in double size.
And about _xscale I want something like the one in this forum, where you specity the width and height of the move and it (the flashplayer inside the browser) resizes your flash file.
I dont want to use _xscale since it seems to just get an number as percentage to scale the movie.

6)I want to have my movie's export size be double the current one but I dont want to change document's settings (since it will not work with the code anymore and I have to manually resize characters)

7)how to have strong typing in Flash 8, like when I type my object's name and press dot after that, it opens all valid property
and functions for that object. (also called Intellisense)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no