Hacking Cheats not working on R4i Gold 3DS RTS (Phantom Hourglass)

Oris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use cheats on Phantom Hourglass (US), but the codes don't seem to work on this device. I looked at the usrcheat.dat file and the codes match up with what I have on my emulator, where the codes work on the emulator. I can't figure out why they aren't working on the R4i device, though, because all my cheats for the Pokemon games I have work fine, even for the ROM hacks of the Pokemon games. Any ideas what might be going on there?

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to use cheats on Phantom Hourglass (US), but the codes don't seem to work on this device. I looked at the usrcheat.dat file and the codes match up with what I have on my emulator, where the codes work on the emulator. I can't figure out why they aren't working on the R4i device, though, because all my cheats for the Pokemon games I have work fine, even for the ROM hacks of the Pokemon games. Any ideas what might be going on there?

Maybe try a newer cheat database ('usrcheat.dat'). I use the one Retro Gamer Fan uploads with his YSMenu DAT update. Works fine on the R4 in wood:

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=33465

Unzip 'RetroGameFan DAT Update'. Copy the 'usrcheat.dat' from the 'DAT' folder to '__rpg\cheats' in Wood (overwriting the old 'usrcheat.dat').

Oris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, sorry for posting right after I had posted before, but I finally got around to trying our that usrcheat.dat file. Not only did it not work, but it also caused my save file to become corrupted and be erased... It sucks, but that's okay. I think Phantom Hourglass spazzed out on me because it wasn't giving me the one Power Gem for defeating pirates that boarded the ship. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Rule 42 would've been racist +1