Cheats For Faster Games - CHEAT.DAT AceKard2i

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Klemzo, Jan 11, 2012.

Jan 11, 2012
  1. Klemzo
    OP

Newcomer Klemzo Advanced Member

United States
    Hi.
    Very little knowledge of this stuff. I didn't know where to post this, maybe even completely different forums. I hope you guys can help me.

Anyways, I've been playing SoulSilver/HeartGold recently and they have couple of different cheats that speed the game up and increase it's performance. I can't link them now, but I will try to attach later. Anyways, it makes the "processor run faster" (that's how it's called), the entire game responds faster. One makes the battle animation extremely faster. The whole moving between rooms, interface, HM usage, pretty much everything is a lot faster. It makes "adventuring" in Pokemon games fun.

I'd like to play Plat and White/Black version, but my rage level increases pretty fast. (Step into grass, RANDOM ENCOUTER, wait 2 sec animation, 2 sec black screen, 2 sec ingame messages. Don't wanna fight. RUN! 2 sec message. 2 sec black screen. Yey, I'm out. Now I want to Rare Candy a pokemon, ... eh, or not. It will take 2 min just to get through all the inventories and shit)

The fool I am, I once already made a similar thread, asking if any such cheats exist. They all sad to me that AceKard 2i isn't an emulator and can't perform such tasks. Well I've found a game that has these cheats, while no other games (mostly having pokemon games in mind) do not have this option. At least I didn't find them.

Anyways, if someone could assist me, I would be thankful.
    Thanks.

And as always, sorry for crappy English.

2. Klemzo
    OP

Newcomer Klemzo Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah.

I found out 4th gen pokemon games (soul/heart, platinum) run on 30fps, meaning you can increase the fps to 60 to get faster game.

I can't find codes for Platinum, but they should be the same as soulsilver and heartgold.
    Anyone minds helping me adjust or rewrite them?

Thx

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    From what I saw it just removes the artificial speed limit put into place at some points (such as in the menus). No change of clock speed is directly controlled.

So in games that are already pushing the DS, they won't do shit. In situations that use a timer (opposed to number of frames passed), they won't do shit.