Hacking Cheapest Gateway 3DS

TwizzlerNL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

What can I do to get refund from Visa? I have the same problem with Eachmall.

Just dispute the transaction. Call Visa and ask the how in your country. Im in the Netherlands and i just need to fill in a form. Few days later i recieved my money back.

johnwalker76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it safe to say that Real Hot Stuff & Modchips Direct are better places to buy a Gateway card??

Maybe you can try Yeahgeek http://www.yeahgeek.com/gateway-3ds...3ds-flashcard-play-backup-3ds-roms-p-722.html

25742_Gateway_3DS_flashcard_the_first_real_3DS_flashcard_play_b_LRG_722.JPG

urec13

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, i'm from Spain and i ordered a Gateway flashcard to YeahGeek july 25th, paid with Visa.
Today the gateway is coming and i have the Tracking Number.
I had many doubts about them but now i am very impressed
This is the order information:
07/26/2014 Pending
07/26/2014 Processing Approved
07/27/2014 Confirmed

07/27/2014 Have Shipped
Be advised your order was shipped on 2014-07-27 via Registered Air Mail Netherlands with Tracking Number

Blue.Fungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Which seller at eachmall did you guys get your gateway from? Trying to get one now but it seems that only Seller:G016 out of the 3 there has stock. Anyone has experience with yeahgeek? Pricing seems about the same.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Which seller at eachmall did you guys get your gateway from? Trying to get one now but it seems that only Seller:G016 out of the 3 there has stock. Anyone has experience with yeahgeek? Pricing seems about the same.
If you can pay with visa I would advice yeahgeek.

Crimson Mage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
According to this user:
Today YeahGeek billed my credit card as "RK Trading Co.,Ltd" from Shenzen.
Unfortunately they do not bill in US$ but in Chinese Yuan, so instead of US$ 64.39 it is 422,09 CNY. On my Visa (in Euro) it shows up as 52 Euro, that would make about 70 US$...

So yeahgeek charges you for more than what originally advertised on their website! Isn't that kind of scamming?
Then what's make them different? The majority of flashcart stores sell Gateway $70. I'd rather buy from any of them than yeahgeek scumbags

urec13

Trophies
XP
Country
According to this user:

So yeahgeek charges you for more than what originally advertised on their website! Isn't that kind of scamming?
Then what's make them different? The majority of flashcards stores sell Gateway $70. I'd rather buy from any of them than yeahgeek scumbags

Hi, i paid €45,45 ($62+or-) price total for a Gateway, no scamming to me.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean "arrived in london" What does it say on the tracking website?

I got a notification on my android app Deliveries which said "RECEIVED IN UK (HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC)".

Oddly, I just checked on the Royal Mail site, and I think it's still the same as before, saying
The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference RCxxxxxxxxxMY. Please try again later.
Information on your Royal Mail Signed For™ item is not yet available.

ShocWave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is not a scam since they don't make any extra money, however, they charge you in CNY (Chinese currency) without telling you the payment processor's "exchange rate".
It is misleading because they tell you the price is XX dollars, and suddenly you see different number on your credit card bill.
Payment processors usually pocket anywhere between 2-5% when converting any currency.

Now, when buying things with your credit card in CNY, the credit card company will charge you another 2-5% through a poor exchange rate. In the end, the product could be up to 10% more expensive than you initially thought it would be.

Yeahgeek doesn't make any extra money, but those credit card companies and their payment processors sure are.
Technically not a scam, but a poor method of billing.

Go back a few pages, and you will find multiple cases of users complaining that they do not bill you in USD.

Crimson Mage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
It is not a scam since they don't make any extra money, however, they charge you in CNY (Chinese currency) without telling you the payment processor's "exchange rate".
It is misleading because they tell you the price is XX dollars, and suddenly you see different number on your credit card bill.
Payment processors usually pocket anywhere between 2-5% when converting any currency.

Now, when buying things with your credit card in CNY, the credit card company will charge you another 2-5% through a poor exchange rate. In the end, the product could be up to 10% more expensive than you initially thought it would be.

Yeahgeek doesn't make any extra money, but those credit card companies and their payment processors sure are.
Technically not a scam, but a poor method of billing.

Go back a few pages, and you will find multiple cases of users complaining that they do not bill you in USD.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.
Now it seems strange that urec13 paid only $62, maybe he got lucky with the exchange rate.
I never actually bought from a Chinese store before, so does this generally happen with the majority of shops? (because their exchange rate is a disaster!)

I think I'll just return to my first option then, http://www.bestr4i3ds.com/
From what I searched so far, it seems this store is considered the best candidate for being cheap, fast and also safe. Their prices are considered good compared to most of other stores, they even test their flashcarts before shipping (according to their claims), their shipping time are reasonable especially in USA since they have a branch there which it will not take more than a week to reach to my address there.

Since I'm not in a hurry, I'll just wait for a while and see what you guys will discover.

ShocWave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone from Canada buy from yeahgeek? what is the total charged to your credit card?

$105.57USD -> 672.67 CNY -> $119.86 CDN for two Gateways after applying the $20 off coupon.
Which brings it to $59.93 CDN each. Without the coupon, it'll probably be over $70.

That would make the exchange rate about $0.88 USD = $1.00 CDN.
The actual exchange rate at the time was about $0.93 USD = $1.00 CDN.

At the same time, I placed an order at Eachmall and was billed $61.27 CDN (no coupon needed)
If you live in Canada, I'd probably recommend getting it from Eachmall. I buy stuff from them all the time and never had any issues.
I can't say the same for anyone living in Europe though. I seems like things get lost on the way there.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
$105.57USD -> 672.67 CNY -> $119.86 CDN for two Gateways after applying the $20 off coupon.
Which brings it to $59.93 CDN each. Without the coupon, it'll probably be over $70.

That would make the exchange rate about $0.88 USD = $1.00 CDN.
The actual exchange rate at the time was about $0.93 USD = $1.00 CDN.

At the same time, I placed an order at Eachmall and was billed $61.27 CDN (no coupon needed)
If you live in Canada, I'd probably recommend getting it from Eachmall. I buy stuff from them all the time and never had any issues.
I can't say the same for anyone living in Europe though. I seems like things get lost on the way there.

how long did eachmall take to ship to you and what shipping option did you use?

urec13

Trophies
XP
Country
Really?!
Ok now we have two different opinions, I would like to hear from the others who bought from them.
Also, how many days have you waited before you got it?

I bought the card july 25th, i'll post when i have the card.
To be right, paying with visa increased the prize until €47,7 as i can see now in the bank statement (ING Direct), it seems to be 5% comision

ShocWave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how long did eachmall take to ship to you and what shipping option did you use?

I usually use the free or cheapest shipping option.
The time depends on which shipping company they use, and the location of the warehouse. It is totally random.
If you get a tracking number that ends in SG, you're looking at about a month or more. I heard Singpost often use boats for shipping to Canada.
If you get a tracking number that ends in CN, probably about 2-3 weeks.
If you get a tracking number that ends in HK, probably about 1-2 weeks.

Never choose a better shipping option when buying from ANY site if you live in Canada.
More expensive shipping options are usually handled by UPS, FedEX, or DHL when it arrives in the country.
These companies charge a "brokerage fee" to bring any item into the Canadian border.
If you pay for better shipping, you'll be in for a pleasant surprise when the mailman at your door asks you to pay an extra $20 or else he won't hand over the package.

El Xando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay