Hardware Cheap Live Points

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may start purchasing points to buy games online, it seems cheaper than a physical disc (and I don't have to worry about the kids scratching it)..

I saw a site selling very cheap points, like $20 for 12,000 points.. They provide you with a live account id/pass that has the points already attached to it..

The only catch was you had to use all the points within a day or two..

Anyone used this before? Safe?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont use it
the points are obtained via credit card fraud, thats why the tell you to use the points quickly before MS catches on

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. As I browse the marketplace, I don't understand why some games aren't on there..

I can see why NEW games aren't there, but some older games aren't there when they are
available for download..

For instance, I can buy a Gunstringer/FruitNinja download code
from ebay to download both games, but I only see FruitNinja on the marketplace..

Does everything eventually end up in the marketplace?

I like the thought of just downloading all my games, but now I see
they aren't all available to download.. :(

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's 'safe' but it's a black market deal. Cheaper but illegal. So it's more of a moral debate. I'd explain the intricacies but i'm just too lazy to do it a third time on this forum.

As for the games, I have no idea. What is this even for? Fruit ninja is a crappy cellphone game, isn't it?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With black market deals $20 can usually get you more than 12,000..
But the above posts are correct, they are paid with stolen cards and is illegal. I have never tried it, but I have heard stories of personal gamertag being banned if you are a repeated user of these carded accounts.

Some Xbox DLC/games are only available with a game/preorder/some promotion... and are not available for purchase on the marketplace. Over time some exclusive items may appear on the marketplace. As with Gunstringer, not sure why it isn't available for purchase in the marketplace when they already setup for digital download...

Reactions: 1 person

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gunstringer is currently redeem code download only. It doesn't mean it's not on the marketplace, it just means that it isn't available yet (if ever) for purchase with MS points or a CC. This has been done many times, mainly with pre-order DLC. The code will work just fine.

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gunstringer is currently redeem code download only.

I wasn't sure if it was a silver/gold account thing (ie, you have to upgrade to gold to see all the games that are really available)..

That is fine, I bought 3 download codes off of ebay for less than $15! Very happy with that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty