Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Once the TTDS is inserted, the DS boots up directly to the TTDS menu and bypasses the standard DS settings menu. Is it possible to change the DS settings (i.e. set the time, etc.) without removing the TTDS cart?

-Bri

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually it is possible, there has been a DS ROM dumped from the Firmware, you open it from the DSTT menu and it boot the DS like there was no cart in it.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Bri, Do you know difference between Auto and Manual mode of loading DS carts from DS's own menu?

If you put it to manual mode, every time you turn on your DS it will go into the DS's menu and wait for you to tap the SLOT-1 so it will go into DSTT's menu.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
test84,

I know that there's a setting in a .ini file that looks like it should make it go into the DS menu, but as far as I know it doesn't do anything (I haven't actually tried it myself). Do you know of anyone who has successfully gotten a DSTT/TTDS to boot to the DS menu? It would be nice if it has that option in its main settings like some carts do.

-Bri

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And which .ini file would that be? I don't see anything in ttsystem.ini or language.ini that even remotely looks like it might do something like that.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twit21,

I was referring to "DRAWINFO" in ttsystem.ini which someone suggested in another thread might make it boot up to the DS menu but apparently doesn't seem to do anything.

I think test84 was referring to the setting that makes it boot up to whatever game is in slot 1 instead of the menu, but as Urza noted, that setting makes no difference to the TTDS which always bypasses the DS menu regardless of that setting.

-Bri

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drawinfo draws the info on the top screen, the DSTT cannot boot into DS mode, like I said there is an NDS Rom dumped from a DS Phat that you can run on your cart (used to have it on my R4) that takes you into the DS menu. cannot remember what it was called or where I got it from (anyone?) sorry.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MadBob,

I tried this, and indeed it works. The only problem is that it says that there's no card in slot 1 which means that I can't go back to the DSTT menu from the NDS menu.

I don't suppose there's any way around THAT is there?

-Bri

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MadBob,

I tried this, and indeed it works. The only problem is that it says that there's no card in slot 1 which means that I can't go back to the DSTT menu from the NDS menu.

I don't suppose there's any way around THAT is there?

-Bri

Pointless if it could as the DS turns off when you change settings, so you either use this to change settings or you don't use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head