frelhi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, I'm new here
smile.gif

I'm trying to change region on my european wii 3.4E from Europe to China because my chinese friend needs it in chinese language. Actually I'm using sneek, so that I can't brick while I'm trying to change region. Using AnyRegionChanger 06, I've tried the following settings:

Language Setting: S. Chinese
Console Area Setting: Japan
Game Region Setting: Japan

then I installed IOS60+System Menu 4.1J, result: after I press A on Healh and Safety screen, my wii freezes. I thought it was a problem of Language Setting being set to S. Chinese, so I tried to change it to Japanese and finally my wii booted up in System Menu 4.1J
biggrin.gif
, but I need chinese language, not japanese. I tried again to change language to T. Chinese, same result, wii freezes after I press A on Health and Safety screen. Then, tried to set Console Area Setting to China or Taiwan, but I got same results. So I decided to change Console Area to Korea (and of course changed my System Menu from 4.1J to 4.1K), and my wii booted up fine again, but this time in Korean language. I can't set my wii language to S. Chinese or T. Chinese, maybe the System Menu does not support these languages, but they are present in Any Region Changer, so I think there must be some method to set my wii in Chinese languages.
Hope you can help me
wink.gif

Sorry if my english is not good enough, I'm Italian
smile.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think the Wii has Chinese language support. Which makes sense as games consoles are AFAIK illegal in most of China (read that in an article on PSP smuggling the other day).

Take a look at this: http://wadder.freeforums.org/translating-t...nguage-t29.html - It mentions how System Menu doesn't support Chinese, and also talks of translating it, however it appears little or no progress has been made. Unless you are fluent in Chinese as well as Italian and fancy translating it, I don't think there is much you can do.

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Actually, there's been Taiwanese(aka T.Chinese) and Chinese(aka S.Chinese) translation of SystemMenu on internet. You can ask for your Chinese friend searching it on internet.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
All T.Chinese version of system menu (from 3.1 to 4.3) are available .(of course it's
not done by Nintendo) Should be easy to find as long as you can read Chinese.

frelhi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your replies
smile.gif

CrimzonEyed said:
if the wii is not chiped you can simple contact nintendo and ask them to change the firmware, if you are only lending him your wii for a while he just have to learn any of the language you can get working.

contact nintendo:
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/distributors_...ational.jsp#nit

Found this to you might want to try:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_Region_Pa...patibility_List
My wii has a chip (don't know which one, wonder if there is a way to find out which chip I have), then I think I can't contact nintendo.

So I have to translate myself the System Menu in Chinese or find it on internet. I thought there was something official made by nintendo, I don't like to install an "unofficial" System Menu.
Since there is no chinese System Menu, there should be no games in chinese language, am I correct? So, even if I translate SysMenu, I can't play wii games in chinese (of course japanese region games...or korean? I don't know
wacko.gif
), then it's better to not do anything on my wii. It's strange that there is completely no support for chineses, even for chineses living outside China
frown.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo probably fail there isn't a big enough market for it to be worthwhile. And considering its the Chinese we're talking about, their government may make a fuss if it was available...

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
There are several Chinese Wii games already released by Nintendo:

Sports , Sports Resort , Wii Fit , Wii Fit Plus and New Super Mario Bro.

It's not necessary to have Chinese system menu to play these Chinese Wii games .
Because all these Chinese games have their own Chinese fonts . (nothing to do
with system menu fonts)

Maybe that's Nintendo's market strategy not to create an official Chinese system menu.
However, as far as I know , thousands (even more) of Wii users in Taiwan/China have already
installed 'Chinese system menu' (from 3.1 to 4.3) .

frelhi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
airline38 said:
There are several Chinese Wii games already released by Nintendo:

Sports , Sports Resort , Wii Fit , Wii Fit Plus and New Super Mario Bro.

It's not necessary to have Chinese system menu to play these Chinese Wii games .
Because all these Chinese games have their own Chinese fonts . (nothing to do
with system menu fonts)

Maybe that's Nintendo's market strategy not to create an official Chinese system menu.
However, as far as I know , thousands (even more) of Wii users in Taiwan/China have already
installed 'Chinese system menu' (from 3.1 to 4.3) .
So, on my pal wii using european SysMenu and console region set to Europe, I should just run software like neogamma to start a chinese game, editing appropriately its settings to match with the region, languages and video-mode set in the chinese game. Unfortunately there are only those four games
angry.gif
. Anyway, how should I set neogamma to start thoese chinese games? My chinese friend might be interested in NSMB
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU