ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering asking this on XDA Developers too, but does anyone here have either any experience or knowledge on what to do to try and replace the stock 2.1 notification bar with the thin bar that was present on the Xperia X10 when it was still running 1.6? I quite like the thin one present on 1.6 (I quite like the way the app drawer opens on it too), but I'd rather have the functionality of 2.1 while if it's possible, keeping that notification bar.

EDIT: I've got a screenshot which shows the notification bar here:
1.6%20screenshot.png

The app also caught the tail of itself on the left, so you can ignore that little bit.

skystealer

Muah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
I'm considering asking this on XDA Developers too, but does anyone here have either any experience or knowledge on what to do to try and replace the stock 2.1 notification bar with the thin bar that was present on the Xperia X10 when it was still running 1.6? I quite like the thin one present on 1.6 (I quite like the way the app drawer opens on it too), but I'd rather have the functionality of 2.1 while if it's possible, keeping that notification bar.

EDIT: I've got a screenshot which shows the notification bar here:
1.6%20screenshot.png

The app also caught the tail of itself on the left, so you can ignore that little bit.

Changing the notification bar involves first having to have your device rooted, and then installing a custom recovery, like ClockworkMod, depends on your device.

It's done by downloading the update.zip file that contains the theme, and performed in recovery, and then you will have the theme of your choice with all your apps, and same Android version. This IS HIGHLY dangerous so if you don't have a good experience about recovery, then don't do it.

(My recommendation is to download ROM Manager from the Market to install ClockworkMod from that app. (IF IT'LL WORK) But I'm not responsible for damages, you should look it up if it works on the XPERIA before trying.)

Chao~.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.