ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering asking this on XDA Developers too, but does anyone here have either any experience or knowledge on what to do to try and replace the stock 2.1 notification bar with the thin bar that was present on the Xperia X10 when it was still running 1.6? I quite like the thin one present on 1.6 (I quite like the way the app drawer opens on it too), but I'd rather have the functionality of 2.1 while if it's possible, keeping that notification bar.

EDIT: I've got a screenshot which shows the notification bar here:
1.6%20screenshot.png

The app also caught the tail of itself on the left, so you can ignore that little bit.

skystealer

Muah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
I'm considering asking this on XDA Developers too, but does anyone here have either any experience or knowledge on what to do to try and replace the stock 2.1 notification bar with the thin bar that was present on the Xperia X10 when it was still running 1.6? I quite like the thin one present on 1.6 (I quite like the way the app drawer opens on it too), but I'd rather have the functionality of 2.1 while if it's possible, keeping that notification bar.

EDIT: I've got a screenshot which shows the notification bar here:
1.6%20screenshot.png

The app also caught the tail of itself on the left, so you can ignore that little bit.

Changing the notification bar involves first having to have your device rooted, and then installing a custom recovery, like ClockworkMod, depends on your device.

It's done by downloading the update.zip file that contains the theme, and performed in recovery, and then you will have the theme of your choice with all your apps, and same Android version. This IS HIGHLY dangerous so if you don't have a good experience about recovery, then don't do it.

(My recommendation is to download ROM Manager from the Market to install ClockworkMod from that app. (IF IT'LL WORK) But I'm not responsible for damages, you should look it up if it works on the XPERIA before trying.)

Chao~.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in