Hacking Changing names of games in Usb Loader GX

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, just as the title says, i cant change the name of the games.
When I changed the name and press O.K, it hasnt changed. Anyone know how to fix this?

Btw using latest usb loader gx+NTFS.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you letting it use the titles from wiitdb.zip? If so, disable that and it should work. (It's somewhere in the options, named "titles from XML" afaik)

ketufe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
check it?
you can change the game name and the id

That

20100317081349.png

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well. It would be nice if somehow know how to get usbloader gx change names of the games correctly without using a pc everytime to change a game title. Anyone got an idea how to get it to work?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats why i love cfg, you can have a custom-titles.txt and it will use the regular titles.txt and then custom-titles.txt to load title names. I can't stand having ugly labeled things. im not trying to shoot down GX, it serves its purpose. but it is clunky to work with.

i had the same issue as the op, i'd like to know if there is a resolution.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
thats why i love cfg, you can have a custom-titles.txt and it will use the regular titles.txt and then custom-titles.txt to load title names. I can't stand having ugly labeled things. im not trying to shoot down GX, it serves its purpose. but it is clunky to work with.

This was the first I've heard of this. Link to guide?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
VashTS said:

This was the first I've heard of this. Link to guide?
It doesn't really need one, but I guess the README suffices. You just need to create a file called custom-titles.txt in the loader base directory (same place as titles.txt/wiitdb.zip) and put lines like:

RMGP = Super Mario Galaxy

You can safely update titles.txt and wiitdb.zip in the loader as much as you like and it won't overwrite the custom names for any games you gave names to in this way. However, this is a PC-based solution, too.

Husramash

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, just as the title says, i cant change the name of the games.
When I changed the name and press O.K, it hasnt changed. Anyone know how to fix this?

Btw using latest usb loader gx+NTFS.

I'm wondering, where did you find this setting?
I want to try it out and see if it works for me as i too want to change the name of the games.
I'm using USB Loader GX r1201.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.