Changing my IP adress?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by War, Sep 20, 2008.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Since I only have Premium from 9PM-3AM, I was downloading stuff using my free account. However, I didn't release that even when you have an account, the downloads are still limited. I read that if I just unplug my router for a minute, then plug it back in, I should have a new IP adress and could download all over again. However, I tried doing that, and I got an error that I had downloaded too much and had to wait 2 hrs. How would I go about changing my IP so that MegaUpload will let me download again?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Some ISPs do not assign a new IP at every power off.
    See proxy connections although I warn you many people use them so you could end up searching for a while.
    http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

Better yet how about something like usenet.

3. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Usenet isn't free, is it?

Edit: How do I use those proxies that you provided?

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  5. SavageWaffle

SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    New York
  6. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
  7. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    If your not getting a NEW ip when you cut your connection WAIT a bit longer ... sometimes you get the same IP reallocated to yourself if you reconnect too fast!

other than that look for proxy surfing or ghost surfing or find a megaupload premium link maker [​IMG]

8. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    On the subject of changing your IP is it not possible just to pick a random IP?

I changed the last IP of my current IP and didn't get my internets back untill i changed it back. Well i didn't wait long to see if i would get my internet back the led on my router was just red for three secs then i changed it back. Maybe i didn't wait long enough for it to notice and give internets back?

9. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    So far, I've tried everything and nothing works D: Right now I'm trying out that PHProxy thing, but I don't think it works for MegaUpload.

10. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    ?!? It is?! I've been using megaupload for a long time (like 50MB a day) and ever got that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice