Hacking Changing 4.2U into 4.2J

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering what tools you use to change the wii from a US to a Japanese. I have the Latest Dark Korp installed. Bootmii installed and some other shit that I do not remember. Would I be in a risk for bricking. Thanks

(I haven't messed around with my wii for a couple of years. Sorry)

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what tools but I can say that as long as you have bootmii boot2 installed it should be safe as long as you make a NAND Backup and verify it with bootmii first.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to change the setting.txt, sysconf, install JAP system menu, jap region select and jap elua. This can all be done with any region changer mod6, or you can get it done with my softmod guide.

When done right it is very safe. When done wrong, things can go bad.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Though I'm not 100% sure if it'll affect you changing regions or not, I would recommend uninstalling Darkcorp before you go on with region changing. The fiddling with the IOS might have some effect on the process, though once again I'm not completely sure.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
zizer said:
what about priiloader region free hack
That's just to be able to play games from every region. If it's just to play Japanese games, this should do it. But then again...the only Japanese game I tried had a whole bunch of question marks instead of the Japanese characters (not that I would be able to read those other characters, but still...).

Not sure how dark corp plays into it. The IOS and cIOS are region free and even if the system menu is affected by dark corp...you're going to have to overwrite it with a Japanese one anyway. I think it would be fine, but since I have personal experience with neither region changing nor dark corp, I'd get an opinion of a more knowledged person for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh