Changes from 6.20 PRO-B7

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by iceedge, Oct 7, 2012.

Oct 7, 2012

Changes from 6.20 PRO-B7 by iceedge at 5:19 PM (516 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. iceedge
    OP

Newcomer iceedge Advanced Member

United States
    I haven't picked up my PSP in about a year and I was wondering what's changed in the scene? I like having the latest CFWs on all my modded systems but is it worth upgrading? I'm currently on 6.20 PRO-B7 on my PSP-1000 and I can't remember if 6.60 CFW was out when I installed this. Is there a difference between 6.20 and 6.60 and which one's better to use on my PSP? Also, I've had a few game saves show up as corrupted, I'm assuming from when I upgraded to 6.xx from 5.00. I read somewhere that one of the newer firmwares can automatically correct the saves, is this true? And which firmware can do this.

If it's worth upgrading to 6.60/6.20 PRO-C, can anyone offer a quick tutorial on how to?

Thanks in advance.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The 6.20 and 6.60 differences as far as a 1K is concerned are slim, Sony made a huge jump in version numbers for some reason.

You run the installer for the old CFW (both the base and the perm patch) and choose to uninstall both so you're back on clean OFW, then you run the latest PRO installer (PRO-C right now).

3. iceedge
    OP

Newcomer iceedge Advanced Member

United States
    I no longer have the old installer. Know a good place where I can find old CFW installers so i can uninstall it?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/firmware-related/download-signed-620-pro-b7-f25477.html