ROM Hack Change "Unique Id" on 3ds or cia

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having an issue as well, i am trying this new moflex injection, and i want to change the unique id of the app so i can have multiple videos, when i try using the hex editor to change the id in the exheader, when i try to launch it, it crashes, i don't know what i am doing wrong.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have been having an issue as well, i am trying this new moflex injection, and i want to change the unique id of the app so i can have multiple videos, when i try using the hex editor to change the id in the exheader, when i try to launch it, it crashes, i don't know what i am doing wrong.

There are 2 (byteswapped) copies of the title id in the exheader, and 2 in the regular ncch header...
Make sure you know what part you can freely edit, either! (the last 5 digits, after removing the last 2)

ncch.PNG

ncch2.PNG

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 (byteswapped) copies of the title id in the exheader, and 2 in the regular ncch header...
Make sure you know what part you can freely edit, either! (the last 5 digits, after removing the last 2)

View attachment 56802
View attachment 56803

the exheader.bin of the video i am changing "Luigi's Mansion 2 Preview", has 3 copies of the title id, should i change the third one? The two you mentioned are in the same spots as the photos, but near the bottom of that area, there is another copy. I do not have the file with me so i cannot post the photos of it right now.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the exheader.bin of the video i am changing "Luigi's Mansion 2 Preview", has 3 copies of the title id, should i change the third one? The two you mentioned are in the same spots as the photos, but near the bottom of that area, there is another copy. I do not have the file with me so i cannot post the photos of it right now.

A picture would be very nice when you can, I've checked the specification again and any 3rd copy is probably a conicidence...

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A picture would be very nice when you can, I've checked the specification again and any 3rd copy is probably a conicidence...

the unique id is 079a which i know equals 9A 07. I don't know if i should change the third copy, the third copy seems separate from the rest of the exheader.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 181

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the unique id is 079a which i know equals 9A 07. I don't know if i should change the third copy, the third copy seems separate from the rest of the exheader.

That's extdata number (which may be different than the title id), you probably want to change it too, but it won't affect whether the app will open!

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm