Change the region of a DVD

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by JPdensetsu, Feb 7, 2009.

Feb 7, 2009
  1. JPdensetsu
    OP

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
  2. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Is the DVD already burned or do you have an ISO or something of the contents?

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

yeah just rip it to hard drive and burn it as region free [​IMG]

Install ANYDVD and run it (this removes any dvd protection when you copy it)

then use CLONE DVD and copy the disk and choose CLONE A DVD INCLUDING TITLES & MENUS this will copy the dvd remove the regional protection and produce a dvd iso that you burn to a blank dvd [​IMG]

just make sure to choose ISO when its finished [​IMG]

other way to do this but takes longer is to use DVD SHRINK freeware tool (Search google) this will also do the same thing but maby best to let the computer process it overnight when you sleep [​IMG]

once its region free it will play on any dvd player!

4. JPdensetsu
    OP

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    Thank you very much for the information, kobykaan. When I have the DVD, (I think in 4 days) I'll try it. [​IMG]

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    many dvd players have firmware region hacks you can perform on them. some offer a button combination on the remote that allows this feature to be turned on/off. this is not something that is advertised, but something you can google. for my old dvd player i just needed to burn a region free patch (offered by the manf.) to a cd-rw and play it in my dvd player. you might want to go this route. i only suggest it because ripping/burning could easily result in quality loss. if the dvd is DL and you can only burn single layer dvds for example.

cheers,
    -another world

6. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    what he said

Or you could play it on your PC using DVD Genie to remove the region locking (I think - it's a long time since I used either method all my recent DVD players have been region free).