Taiwan

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DieForIt said:
So, I think this is the best place to post this topic. I just ordered a Hong Kong version of BoA - Live Tour 2008. Which is Region 3. Now, I want to know if I can convert it to region 2? There was also a Japanese version, but that one was too expensive for me. Can anyone tell me how to convert,

Thanks in advance.
(Sorry for my bad English)

yeah just rip it to hard drive and burn it as region free
smile.gif

Install ANYDVD and run it (this removes any dvd protection when you copy it)

then use CLONE DVD and copy the disk and choose CLONE A DVD INCLUDING TITLES & MENUS this will copy the dvd remove the regional protection and produce a dvd iso that you burn to a blank dvd
smile.gif

just make sure to choose ISO when its finished
smile.gif

other way to do this but takes longer is to use DVD SHRINK freeware tool (Search google) this will also do the same thing but maby best to let the computer process it overnight when you sleep
smile.gif

once its region free it will play on any dvd player!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
many dvd players have firmware region hacks you can perform on them. some offer a button combination on the remote that allows this feature to be turned on/off. this is not something that is advertised, but something you can google. for my old dvd player i just needed to burn a region free patch (offered by the manf.) to a cd-rw and play it in my dvd player. you might want to go this route. i only suggest it because ripping/burning could easily result in quality loss. if the dvd is DL and you can only burn single layer dvds for example.

cheers,
-another world

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
many dvd players have firmware region hacks you can perform on them. some offer a button combination on the remote that allows this feature to be turned on/off. this is not something that is advertised, but something you can google. for my old dvd player i just needed to burn a region free patch (offered by the manf.) to a cd-rw and play it in my dvd player. you might want to go this route. i only suggest it because ripping/burning could easily result in quality loss. if the dvd is DL and you can only burn single layer dvds for example.

cheers,
-another world
what he said

Or you could play it on your PC using DVD Genie to remove the region locking (I think - it's a long time since I used either method all my recent DVD players have been region free).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse