Change of name

• Thread starter cpsc2005
  • Start date
  • Views 1,784
  • Replies 16
C

cpsc2005

OP
I don't know what I was thinking back in November when I registered here, but I am pretty sure I am dpm just about everywhere now. Mostly, I changed my major, so CPSC (Computer Science) has about nothing to do with me.

I beleive with the IBF forum, it's easy to do the switch on the admin panel, at least I think so. Any admin willing to help me?

Thanks.

-dpm

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
so sorry but invision does not let you change users names...
frown.gif

neocat

The GbaTemp 1337 Cat of D00M!!
Trophies
Website
www.neocat.2ya.com
XP
Country
Since on the IRC coolcat was being used I started using Neocat and then in other places coolcat was taken too and now I'm neocat everywhere so it doesn't make sense being coolcat here.....

AND NOW I JUST SEE I CAN'T CHANGE MY FRIKIN NICK!

DAMNIT!!!!

Dranzer

Rom-Source Admin/Rep
Trophies
Website
www.Rom-Source.com
XP
Country
United States
Accually you can but, the server admin. would have to edit code to allow nick changes. and thats more trouble than its worth, and if you mess up, than you risk losing the entire board unless you made a back up.

dpm14

Trophies
Website
dpm14.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
u could create another user
And I did... And thus the new me was born. I know in the invision board that hobbes has, we can change user names, but we use 1.1 RC2... oh well. Now to update my profile...

And Alt-s should send the post... not try to do SQL queries...

dpm14

Trophies
Website
dpm14.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Now call me a retard if you want but didn't you just made a double-account? Isn't that against the rules?
If it is, the admins can feel free to delete my old account. And I am sorry if I broke any rules... (I wish ignorance was an excuse, but in Texas it isn't valid defense...)

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, 4:16 AM... that seems a little late. I need me some GMT -6:00 going on here.

If this isn't post whoring, I don't know what is.
laugh.gif
I'm 6 hours too soon as well but I'm not complaining.
Anyway, don't worry about your account. Many people tried double or even triple accounts just so they could get around their suspension or ban penalties. I'm sure that if you PM one of the admin. about this, they'll remove your old one.

dpm14

Trophies
Website
dpm14.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, 4:16 AM... that seems a little late. ÂI need me some GMT -6:00 going on here.

If this isn't post whoring, I don't know what is. Â
laugh.gif
I'm 6 hours too soon as well but I'm not complaining.
Anyway, don't worry about your account. Many people tried double or even triple accounts just so they could get around their suspension or ban penalties. I'm sure that if you PM one of the admin. about this, they'll remove your old one.
Ah, I can understan that. Naturally, you can block IP addresses via the admin panel, but those can change as well... If we can get it implemented on Hobbes, that forum stands to have quite the devious method of blocking people.

Also, did you guys leave on nested quotes, or is this a case that breaks them? (There is an error in the quote regex. Everytime someone presses enter in a post, it will be screwed up. Silly Invision...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!