Hacking Change NAND?

• Thread starter Aimen
  • Start date
  • Views 1,905
  • Replies 12
A

Aimen

OP
Hi guys! Me again! (Damn it) Well, i have to ask you guys something! Can i change out the NAND in the Wii? Yeah, it look like this i think:

Samsung.jpg

I mean, a saw a video when you use something that was very hot and then you could take it of and then insert back! Well, it was a video for reflash NAND, i dont know, but if i could change a another NAND chip, should it work then?
smile.gif

This is a n00b asking with bad english! xD

A

Aimen

OP
It's not mean to have the "hot" thing over the NAND chip all the time xD like have it there 2,3 sec maybe and see if it's of
tongue.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeadlyFoez said:
If your asking "about something hot" then you should not do this. Extremely dangerous. I wouldn't even do this and I'm a highl;y experiences laptop tech that does component changes often. I know how to use a soldering iron, but 1 second too long can destroy the NAND. Dont do it.
Meh, considering what this guy has already done to his wii, it shouldn't hurt
rofl.gif

A

Aimen

OP
Mrkinator said:
DeadlyFoez said:
If your asking "about something hot" then you should not do this. Extremely dangerous. I wouldn't even do this and I'm a highl;y experiences laptop tech that does component changes often. I know how to use a soldering iron, but 1 second too long can destroy the NAND. Dont do it.
rofl.gif

I was asking, i will not taking shit from people again and what have i done you guys? Actually, it's so strange! :S Have that something to do with the thread?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
torching it for about 2-3 seconds it should come off or fall off then stick on the new nand chip, I like to use crazy glue or something, then torch that Nand chip for alittle bit and you should be good to go

heres the torch i used, its alittle small but gets the job done

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bF5YbyBKI6cA...neTorch-035.jpg

edit- Sorry about that, i couldn't help myself, But Changing the nand is extremely hard, i'd say it can be done, but would require alot of skill

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aimen said:
Mrkinator said:
DeadlyFoez said:
rofl.gif

I was asking, i will not taking shit from people again and what have i done you guys? Actually, it's so strange! :S Have that something to do with the thread?
No, I'm not taking a stab at you Aimen, just mentioning that
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
Aimen said:
Mrkinator said:
DeadlyFoez said:
rofl.gif

You flamed marc_max and his app. You are an idiot.

And yea, use WiiBlaster's suggestion about the torch. I've done it on several Wiis. But you need a Fire Extinguisher standing by though.

batwings21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aimen, seriously. It takes some very expensive rework equipment to remove that ic without damaging it or the board underneath. Suck it up, send it to nintendo say it bricked during an update. You are going to kill it if you try to change the Nand.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
batwings21 said:
Aimen, seriously. It takes some very expensive rework equipment to remove that ic without damaging it or the board underneath. Suck it up, send it to nintendo say it bricked during an update. You are going to kill it if you try to change the Nand.

What he said

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
DeadlyFoez said:
Oh no!?!!?!!

I did not realize it was this guy who has bricked his wii and his friends.

Dude, dont touch a soldering iron or a wii ever again. You are back luck to the wii and you will surely kill it for good. Why dont you ask someone on craigslist to do it for you? YOU will have better luck that way.
Have nothing to say about soldering but... man... I've read your problem of bricked wii.... and I just agreed: Keep away from any Wii
smile.gif

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Technically it CAN be done, but I don't know if you would have to flash the other nand chip with a dump from the original wii (but if you had a dump you probably wouldn't even want to do this) because it being encrypted for a single wii. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THIS, epically if you want to use a "hot thing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8nqaysKwBI
Two NAND chips on 1 wii!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: