Change "Latest Discussions" to use getnewpost

Javacat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So this is something that has been a minor annoyance to me for a awhile and thought I might as well finally bring it up.

On the main page for GBAtemp is the "Latest Discussions" thing, which lists all of the most recent posts (or something like that
ninja.gif
). Every so often I'll see a topic listed that I haven't seen before, so I click on it to see what the shizzle is about and I'll be taken to the last post in the thread. As this is GBAtemp, that last post is usually just gibberish and makes no sense without reading the rest of the thread, so I've got to go find the first post (ok.. not really that much work
tongue.gif
) to put it into context. Somewhat annoying.

Then there are the times where I've been reading a thread, it's gone quiet for a bit and then the discussion picks up in it again and it appears back on the front page. I'll click on the link to pick up from where the thread left off, but will be taken to the last post and then have to go hunting for the last post I read in the thread. This one is slightly more annoying than the above annoyance.

To overcome these minor annoyances I propose changing the links so that they end with getnewpost instead of getlastpast. It's a small change that will resolve these small annoyances that plague my life once every so often
closedeyes.gif

I also added a poll to this thread so that I can see how many people hate this suggestion and so that we can get a pretty graph.

Javacat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But it's a list of latest discussions, not latest posts :/

Edit: My brain breaks at silly times. I meant to say that "Latest Discussions" is meant to be a list of the latest discussions, not the latest posts. If it was just for the latest posts or replies, then it should actually show all of the latest posts, whether they are in the same thread as a message already listed or not (although that would be stupid).
Having said that, I quite like View New Posts page now that it's been pointed out to me
tongue.gif

The Latest Discussions thing is more something that catches my eye when I'm going into the main forum, it's not something I actively seek out.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
HaniKazmi said:
tj_cool said:
You can click the "by" to go to the first post of the topic. (Not the same, but still)

tongue.gif

I never knew that. Guess I can still learn new things after 4 years on this site.
Me too. I've been here for 4 months now and there's still more things to learn here.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up