OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I have a japanese Wii (yeah, that's bad, I know).

My console runs fine the most part of the ISOs from any regions, but for official US games I think that it just don't work.

But I want to have a little collection of official games. So I'm thinking about to sell it and buy an US Wii. But this is a bad way for me. It's too difficult and here in Brazil videogames are soo expensive. Wii here costs something about 600 US dollars.

So, while I was searching about Homebrews I found a application called "AnyRegion Changer" ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer/ ) and one of it's features is to change the Wii "game settings", determining "which region of Discs and channels the System Menu will boot".

I would like to know if this application can really change the region of my Wii. In simple words, if my japanese Wii can be changed into a US Wii and if I will be allowed to play official US games on it whithout problems - I don't care about other channel or Wii shop.

So, if you can help me, please, post here.
laugh.gif

I'm really in trouble because if I sell this japanese Wii I don't know if I'm going to have money to buy another one next year.

Thanks.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kenshin Br said:
Hello,

I have a japanese Wii (yeah, that's bad, I know).

My console runs fine the most part of the ISOs from any regions, but for official US games I think that it just don't work.

But I want to have a little collection of official games. So I'm thinking about to sell it and buy an US Wii. But this is a bad way for me. It's too difficult and here in Brazil videogames are soo expensive. Wii here costs something about 600 US dollars.

So, while I was searching about Homebrews I found a application called "AnyRegion Changer" ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer/ ) and one of it's features is to change the Wii "game settings", determining "which region of Discs and channels the System Menu will boot".

I would like to know if this application can really change the region of my Wii. In simple words, if my japanese Wii can be changed into a US Wii and if I will be allowed to play official US games on it whithout problems - I don't care about other channel or Wii shop.

So, if you can help me, please, post here.
laugh.gif

I'm really in trouble because if I sell this japanese Wii I don't know if I'm going to have money to buy another one next year.

Thanks.

Yea that program works great, but you could try using the program Geckos to run your US games or install starfall, But if you really want to use any region changer just change your Game region setting to US you really should not have to completely change your system over to US cause both US and JAP are NSTC

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you change your 'Console Area Region' region (something you have no reason to do really) with AnyRegionChanger, make sure you switch to the appropriate firmware... If you're just changing the console's GAME region, then don't worry about it.

Could always try Gecko OS too, as WiiBlaster suggested.

Kenshin Br

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
wanders said:
If you change your 'Console Area Region' region (something you have no reason to do really) with AnyRegionChanger, make sure you switch to the appropriate firmware... If you're just changing the console's GAME region, then don't worry about it.

Could always try Gecko OS too, as WiiBlaster suggested.

So, I just don't have to touch the 'Console Area Region', right?

But to allow my Wii show the menus in English... What I need to do? Just to put 'language setting' in English? Can I install a 3.2U system menu on the console?

AnyRegionChanger1.jpg

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just game region setting to NSTC\US ,and Lang to US\Eng but really man i recommend Geckos or Starfall, so you can play both your region games

Kenshin Br

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiBlaster said:
just game region setting to NSTC\US ,and Lang to US\Eng but really man i recommend Geckos or Starfall, so you can play both your region games

Yeah, but my problem is that I want to run officials US games on my japanese Wii.

With US/PAL ISOs I don't have any problems.

To use Starfall I have to downgrade my Wii (so I need to use AnyRegion to do it) and Gecko Os is about ISOs, right?

QUOTE(Vidboy10 @ Dec 18 2008, 08:08 AM) Get frimware downgrader and select on 3.2U and it will install and it will ask for for a region menu patch and say yes

Ok.
wink2.gif

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a jap wii on 3.3j i used anyregion changer to go to 3.2j and then i went to 3.2U, now my machine is fully english and i can play usa originals (dunno why i did it i'm in the uk haha) but yeah i also have starfall installed and have all options installed, hope this helps

Kenshin Br

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
djsika said:
I had a jap wii on 3.3j i used anyregion changer to go to 3.2j and then i went to 3.2U, now my machine is fully english and i can play usa originals (dunno why i did it i'm in the uk haha) but yeah i also have starfall installed and have all options installed, hope this helps

Yeah. This is exactly what I want to do.

I'm still downloading Zelda TP JPN to install the but I think it will works great.

Thanks to all helpers.

kindaichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I´m from Brazil too... right now i have a Wii 3.2J and i can play any game using GeckOS.(and SoftMod for Rock Band)
My Wii has a D2Ckey chip, and i didn´t change to 3.2U because oI don´t want to open again my Wii.

If u use a Wiikey 1.9g u can change your Region only using your DVD Boot... for the wiishop and wiiweather there is a wakinko program thant change that.(don´t remember the name)

And i have the same doubt... Unholy 360, in Wiibrew they say that only 3.2E and 3.2U can use Starfall... that´s why i didn´t tried.
So all my games i pass WBB, and sometimes WiiFrii 3.2b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant