Chances of getting my son banned from the PSN due to using the same ID for the PS4 & Vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by budmonster, Sep 19, 2016.

1. budmonster
    OP

budmonster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I have a PS4 along with my PlaystationPlus subscription. I downloaded all the monthly games and my son plays online often. I also purchased quite a few retail games from the PSN (Goat Simulator, Minecraft, etc).

I just picked up a Borderlands 2 Bundle(came with 8gb memory card) not too long ago and I've yet to use the BL2 code yet. I also want to use my PS+ to download the monthly games. However, I want to install HENkaku on it so my son can play backups/vpks and what not. He also likes the Remote Play, PS4 to Vita.

Can I just use my PS4 login for both my PS4 & Vita? Remote Play is a big thing for my son as well as playing backups. What is the risk of my son getting banned from the PSN for using my PSN ID for the PS4 and the Vita with HENkaku?

Do I have any other options?

2. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    With Rem
    "Backups"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If the system lets you choose that name just fine, then it should be ok

3. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Risky.No one knows what Sony plans. If you're out of luck, they will ban all HENkaku users.

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  4. senas8

senas8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2011
    United States

I bought a second vita for henkaku ..as I was banned back in the ps3 cfw days..and lost a lot of money/games.

Last edited by senas8, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Ray2R

Ray2R GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    United States
    I really don't care if I get banned. I have spent about 500$ on digital games. But not like I'd play them again anyways. And my name is terrible, picked it a long time ago. I don't really care if I get banned really. Because for me I want them to ban me so I have incentive to make a new name lol. Ran out of PS+ a while ago also.

6. Maverick81PL

Maverick81PL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2013
    Poland
    Bojanice, Walbrzych, Poland
    Safe is to get second Vita and on that Vita make second account ;-)

7. Ray2R

Ray2R GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    United States
    Can I ask why you would use your main account anyways then if you are afraid of getting banned?

8. Maverick81PL

Maverick81PL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2013
    Poland
    Bojanice, Walbrzych, Poland
    Main account is on Vita, PS3 and PS4 and for Original games.
    Second account is on second Vita and usable for... You know :P

9. budmonster
    OP

budmonster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    My PS4 is what I use, has my PS+ and a few full games I bought like Uncharted Collection. The Vita is my sons, he likes to use Remote Play, he can put say Minecraft or whatever disc in the PS4 and stream it to the Vita. Unless I use my PS4 PSN username on my Vita(that is hacked) I don't think Remote Play will work, correct?

10. haojiezhu

haojiezhu Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    Yes, remote play requires the same account. And if that account gets banned, you won't be able to access anything in it including PS4/PS3/PSP/Vita/movie/music purchases. Since you already used this account on a modded Vita, I suggest you creating a new account for future PS4 game purchases. Unlike Vita, you can easily switch between accounts on PS4.

Last edited by haojiezhu, Sep 20, 2016
  11. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    We all know no one is safe. Anyway, is there like a unique header like the .3ds or .3dz backups?

12. budmonster
    OP

budmonster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I created a separate/throw away PSN account before I installed HENkaku on the Vita, my PS4 account was never used on it. I just wish I could use my main account on both so his Vita could remain modded and still use remote play. Guess you cant have it both ways. Or do I just create an account for my son on the PS4 and have him use that account on the Vita as well so he can stream/RP? And he can do backups as well? If account gets blocked I'll still have mine with the PS+?

I just got to find a 2nd Vita, cheap lol. I only paid $80 for the BL2 bundle.

Last edited by budmonster, Sep 20, 2016
  13. PBallWiz

PBallWiz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    And how many people have been banned for using a Vita with HENKaku?

14. haojiezhu

haojiezhu Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    That will depend on the way Sony bans users. The way Sony banned people who modded their PS3 was PSN account ban plus hardware ban based on hardware ID. If this is still the way Sony bans user in the future, you should be relatively safe to use the same throw-away account on both PS4 and modded Vita. Because your PS4 is not modded, Sony will PROBABLY only ban your throw-away account and modded Vita. But you never know what Sony is thinking.

15. mokmoki

mokmoki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    i bought a brand new vita slim so i can hack it (came with a low firmware) just for the homebrew. i have a throwaway account on it with only legitimate 1 PSN game (GE:R). i haven't installed any "backups" on it yet, but damn i'm starting to get paranoid that it might get banned too. PSN ban isn't too bad, but a hardware ban would suck big time. :(

16. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    For now, exactly 0.
    However, maybe Sony will decide to ban users at some point. We don't know if they have a way to know whether users are using pirated games or legitimate ones. Maybe it is undetectable (like CIAs on 3DS), maybe each copy actually has a unique header (though that seems unlikely, as thefl0w stated that dumped games don't have any kind of personal info), maybe they will also ban by comparing which digital-only games the user has played with the ones he actually bought on his PSN account...

Last edited by TheKawaiiDesu, Sep 22, 2016
  17. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    I always say, if online is a must and a priority, then use a seperate console, especially if you have a lot of bought digital content.

There is no telling on what happens. I have multiple consoles like PS3's and Xbox 360s, some were banned, others not and nothing was used differently from other(s) at the time.